Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PA Dealers... Who sucks the least for service?
Which PA Dealer is the best service wise?
Montgomeryville00.00%
Kelly00.00%
Rothrock125.00%
Fred Beans125.00%
None, I go to .... (see below)250.00%

·
Registered
331 Posts
Fellow PA GTR owners... It is with great sadness that I discovered I have no choice but to bring my baby in for warranty repair. The POS instrument cluster simply isn't fixing itself.

Since I have 0 faith in any of the Philly/Lehigh Valley area dealers ability to do much of anything, I figured it would be a good idea to poll the community and see if maybe *someone* has had some good experiences to report with any of these guys. Or, if not, where *you* plan to go for the (seemingly inevitable) warranty repairs...

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Like you I'd much rather stay away from the stealerships as much as possible.

I had my first annual POS done at Rothrock a month or two ago. Two weeks later they were replacing my transmission under warranty (threw a code and found metal fragments in the trans oil pan). Had a minor hiccup getting a loaner car out of them but Nissan properly educated the service advisor on how to handle future GT-R cases.

Doug, their only GT-R tech, was always made available to look at my car, at the expense of other customers. He's extremly knowledgeable and easy guy to talk to. Doesn't even mind crazy owners like Dan K and myself staring over his shoulder while hes working. Also knows the little things that GT-R owners typically like such as not doing the car wash and parks the car across 2 spaces or in no parking zones so none of the other customers can door ding you. Took him a little extra time to replace the transmission but that is to be expected on your first one.

I'm extremly happy with the service I received from Doug and from Rothrock in general.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I agree with Scott, (Dropitlow).

We all have that same thought that a dealership is more likely to hurt our cars more than help them.
Rothrock has been good to me and Doug the master tech understands that the GTR owners are a different breed of customer.

I honestly believe he feels privileged to work on them and enjoys it.
Also the more GTR's he sees and works on the better it is for all of us. I believe one of the main problems with the dealerships is that they barely work on GTR's and most of the time when they come across a warranty issue its a first for them.

Try Rothrock and have a nice talk with Doug.
I'm going there tomorrow for fluids and trans relearn.

I would stay away from Kelly off of 33.
I went there for a oil change once and they didn't even know how to take the panels off to perform a oil change.
I had to go in the garage and tell them to look up the procedure on there commuter. Then they tried to charge me $240 for a service that i had to help.
I don't like to talk negatively but I feel it my obligation to warn other GTR owners.

take care guys,,,

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks guys, huge help. I was leaning towards rothrock because they are closest and I know they are huge so figured there was a chance they'd have a decent tech. Sorry you had to go through BS to get the loaner, but glad you paved the way!

I'm going to give them a shot

Seems to be short term memory loss over the loaner (big shock
)

Do you guys have an advisor you normally use who will know about the policy? I left it that they would pay for "1 day of a rental" when I made the appt and figured I'd clear it up when I bring the car in

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
John is who I dealt with as a service adviser

When I officially brought my car in for the transmission issues they said they were all out of loaners so John raised the issue with his boss. His boss was extremely dismissive and said they could get me an enterprise car for $20 a day. I told him that was unacceptable but didn't have time to argue since I had a teleconference that I didn't prepare for in 30 minutes. I quickly explained that as part of being a GT-R owner and them being a GT-R certified dealership, they have to supply at least an altima for the duration of all warranty repairs and that I'd be back in the afternoon for the loaner and further discussion with the manager if needed.

Got a call a few hours later from John apologizing since the loaner policy only applies to the GT-R and nothing else in the Nissan brand and that they had miraculously found a loaner for me, shady but what ever. After it was all cleared up they didn't even mind me dropping it off a day late.

Talk to John and go from there. His memory should be pretty fresh since all my problems went down in the past month or so. I don't bother with the 'scheduling' people anymore because they are clueless about what a GT-R even is : "that's a ford right?". I'll PM you the direct line to John - doesn't always pick up but is good about getting back on voicemails when he is in the office.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
keep us posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fred Beans is worthless! They couldn't even get my car on the lift! i had to convince them to figuer it out, then they couldn't reset the TPMS either.. Eisenhaur nissan outside of Reading PA was the best experience! everything in the shop is brand new, they will have flush mounted allignment rack in the begining of August. Perfect for our lowered GTR's! They will do all ur quality upgrade in house and i know alot of people were not thrilled with hennessey performance upgrade but the do all their packages in house too! Oil change was $100.00 there, prob one of the cheapest around too! Fred Beans charged me like 130.00...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Fred Beans is worthless! They couldn't even get my car on the lift! i had to convince them to figuer it out, then they couldn't reset the TPMS either.. Eisenhaur nissan outside of Reading PA was the best experience! everything in the shop is brand new, they will have flush mounted allignment rack in the begining of August. Perfect for our lowered GTR's! They will do all ur quality upgrade in house and i know alot of people were not thrilled with hennessey performance upgrade but the do all their packages in house too! Oil change was $100.00 there, prob one of the cheapest around too! Fred Beans charged me like 130.00...
I bought my car from Eisenhaur and it was a painless experience. Salesman was extremly knowledgeable and helped me through the entire process. If they were a little closer I would go to them all the time. Also extremly mod friendly and will do cheap work - quoted $300 for dp and mid pipe install. Needed something a little closer to home and that's why I made the switch.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Faulkner Nissan Harrisburg pa. They have been really good to me and I think they replaced the first failed gtr transmission in the USA. The owner of said gtr bought 2 and was using one for a gumball run. And it was covered under warranty

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good info guys, thanks! So far so good with Rothrock. Dan seems to have gotten these guys in shape

Doug is excellent...

Had my 24k done and order is now in for warranty replacement of cluster.... I mentioned the Cobb straight out figuring if Dan was ok, nothing would surprise them

It's looking good... I'll post again once I get the new cluster

·
Registered
802 Posts
Good info guys, thanks! So far so good with Rothrock. Dan seems to have gotten these guys in shape

Doug is excellent...

Had my 24k done and order is now in for warranty replacement of cluster.... I mentioned the Cobb straight out figuring if Dan was ok, nothing would surprise them

It's looking good... I'll post again once I get the new cluster
Thanks Miambert890, I'm glad to see things are working out. We'll keep team working this thing and Doug will keep getting better and better.
I will be there again soon for a oil change and trans relearn . I had to cancel my previous appointment because of work.

Good luck , let me know how it goes .

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I like Exton Nissan quite a bit. The owner owns a lot of high performance cars including a modded GTR. The service manager and tech are always responsive. I have never experienced any issues with them and they will fight for you even if you have modded your car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like Exton Nissan quite a bit. The owner owns a lot of high performance cars including a modded GTR. The service manager and tech are always responsive. I have never experienced any issues with them and they will fight for you even if you have modded your car.
Thanks for the report! This is good to know. Exton is a little bit far from Lehigh Valley, but its still good to have an alternate just in case!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Classic Nissan in Moorestown or Cherry Hill, NJ is a place to consider. Got my tranny replaced without any issues whatsoever including a decent loaner. Tech were as excited as me workin on my car they 're also mod friendly as long as it's not too obvious.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Classic Nissan in Moorestown or Cherry Hill, NJ is a place to consider. Got my tranny replaced without any issues whatsoever including a decent loaner. Tech were as excited as me workin on my car they 're also mod friendly as long as it's not too obvious.
correction, Classic Nissan is located in Hainesport, NJ

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! As always more options is better... Car turned out great for me... Cluster was replaced no fuss no muss and Doug is top notch. Def thumbs up for rothrock now that Dan paved the way ;) and as long as Doug stays

1 - 18 of 18 Posts