Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
hey guys, started this on main page, but figured it belonged here. any one experence this problem at the door handle?

Attachments

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Dude, how heavy are you paw'n that thing? You rubbed through the blue paint?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shit i know i have no idea how this happened, really thought it was left over wax at first. i don't know how to open the door i guess.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Ever hear the word "manicure" LOL. Only kidding, I really dont think that should have happened. I would take it to the dealer and have them see if they can warranty that as i looks that is unusual wear and tear for the part of the car. Hope they are willing to help you out. If not im sure it is a quick and easy repair.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You hitting that portion with a wedding ring or something else? Or do you have the world's most abrasive knuckles?
It could be the wedding ring. Just one more reason not to wear one. Just jokes!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn...Nissan paint sucks...good luck on fix.
Jon,
It's really sad how great this car is and yet we have to put up with poor paint quality. On a side note been following your build really nicely done, everything looks first class. You will love the sound coming out of the 90mm Switzer exhaust, much deeper than most I have heard.
Nick

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
Jon,
It's really sad how great this car is and yet we have to put up with poor paint quality. On a side note been following your build really nicely done, everything looks first class. You will love the sound coming out of the 90mm Switzer exhaust, much deeper than most I have heard.
Nick
Nick...already had first hand experience on how soft the GTR paint is when I first got it last year...so I feel your pain. Having the Xpel Ultimate film on the whole car is a bit of relief and even makes the paint look better. Not sure if that would have helped you in that particular area you had some wear...it might have...

Nissan still has no excuse for such shoddy paint, though. The only thing I can think of us was they went cheap...at least that is the perception.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More I think about this, the more i think my detailer may have done it with his orbital. I remember seeing it the first time and thinking he left wax on the car

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep. Replaced under warranty.(2012)
I think that part is plastic or composite.That's not in a location where you hit it with anything.
You had the same problem?

·
schrei
172 Posts
You had the same problem?
Yes I did.Like I said my dealer replaced under warranty.I could not see how I was even coming into contact with it.It was right under the handle but fully exposed.

I reviewed your photo again.Exactly the same place as mine.My '12 (since bought a "13) had never been waxed.As I said that part appears to be plastic.Take it to your dealer for a replacement.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went in today for my 1 year POS replaced part under warranty.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I did.Like I said my dealer replaced under warranty.I could not see how I was even coming into contact with it.It was right under the handle but fully exposed.

I reviewed your photo again.Exactly the same place as mine.My '12 (since bought a "13) had never been waxed.As I said that part appears to be plastic.Take it to your dealer for a replacement.
How do you like your 13?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts