Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Edit: 11/8/11 I kinda got tired of the black fender blade because the gray vent under it, as i didn't really like how the 2 colors looked up against each other, So i went to my local paint supply store and had them make me a color matched Spray can of "KAE- Dark trim gray", (i found the paint code here) and redid the fender blades in the Gray that matched, and just used some Spray can clear also, I think it looks better, and will try to get better pics in the daylight

Well last night i got bored, I didn't really like the look of the silver GTR fender emblems so i pulled them off and painted them black with Plasti-Dip (i used that because you can peel it off if you aren't happy with it) I think it looks better then the silver, but might see if i can get a spray can of the dark gray paint that vent and lower part of the car are and paint it with that

Pics when i blacked it out

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mind teaching me on how to detail. I wanna do it too. Tried a carbon stick on, but it fell off in a day and can't find it. Think this is a better and cheaper solution then buying again

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did you use to take off the emblem? Thanks
I used a Heat gun and nylon pry tools, You will having to do a lot work to get all the old double sided tape off the car after the badge is off,

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it just attached with a double sided tape? no pins, clips or screws?
the 3 holes you see in the fender are just for alignment holes, and it is only held on with the double sided tape

·
Registered
736 Posts
I like it ! , I have been tempted to black out the front and rear gtr emblem but would like for someone else to do it first.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like it ! , I have been tempted to black out the front and rear gtr emblem but would like for someone else to do it first.
do it with the plasti-dip, as if you don't like it, you can just peel it off and it will be back to normal, If you would like i can paint my rear badge (already off the car) and hold it up to the car for a pic, let me know

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just redid the fender blades, I think they look better now, let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nice!

I did mine all gloss black along with the handles and hood scoops

1 - 15 of 15 Posts