Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like only a few owners have decided to paint the lower skirts to match the rest of the car. I personally like it and am considering moving forward in this direction. If you have an opinion, and we know everyone does, and a photo, please post them here.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I've seen peopled do this and it's at least 50% of them don't match up with the factory stock color. It also depends on color but it also depends on mods sometimes it just makes the car look bigger

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,648 Posts
Dido,,, its hard to match up when covering plastic to metal, some colors are worse than others. I've noticed on the MY2010 White GTR's there is a noticeable difference between the metal and plastic bumpers, especially on the rear. Poor from factory.

I like the idea also and would do so on a different colored car, as for my Ivory Pearl, its just to much car. The 'big' look.

Just my 2cents,,,

Cheers

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. Scuba, your car looks great! monEmakindave and Gdzilla, good info.

Gunmetal, Red and SS look best matched IMHO.

More pics please!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
makes the car look... fatter? thicker? not sure what the right word is in this case, but the darker colored lower panels make the car look sleeker. Have not seen a color with painted lower panels yet that I did not think looked better without them painted.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
IMO black works, any other colour doesn't

I painted mine first week i picked it up

Nissan has used the grey sills to visually hide the bulk of the car

·
MacWaxx
388 Posts
Had mine done last week. The match isn't perfect, but i had polished my car 4 times, so i think it will look better once i polish the lowers-gotta wait a month. I left the front black and plan to buy a carbon fiber lip/splitter. I wrestled with the overall idea for 5 months. Once it was done i knew i had done the right thing for me. I like the fact that it looks lower, the wheel wells are full, and the black rims/wheels contrast makes me happier. I think the black skirts made it meaner looking so i've lost that- so it may look less 'imposing' despite looking more 'brick' like as some have said. The exhaust pipes stand out better. To each his own i realize.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.