Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Normally I don't post other car pictures, but ..... strolling through Paris with the wife this evening and stumbled upon some pretty nice cars at the Four Points on my way back to the Marriott on Champs-Élysées.

First time I've seen the 918 in person and I must say it is absolutely beautiful. I've seen a LaFerarri previously, but damn that car just looks all business.

Noticed about a dozen or so Ferrari Californias the last couple of days as well and about as many Gallardos, Bentleys and Maybachs.

Summertime in Paris !!!

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,612 Posts
Very cool paint on the Veyron.... that could grow on me very easily.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Damn, that back tire on the Ferrari is CLOSE to the curb.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, that back tire on the Ferrari is CLOSE to the curb.
I saw a convertible Bentley and a Maybach curbed hard this afternoon - lol. Guess easy come easy go.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
943 Posts

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Wow 3 dream cars!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
So what does a guy do on a rainy night that has a real high end car? >>> Drive it.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
< No kidding. Real cars for enthusiasts with super means!

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nice pics thanks for sharing. I was in Miami a few weeks ago and saw a 918, so good looking in the flesh. But that LaFerrari damn it's so sexy.

·
Registered
943 Posts
So what does a guy do on a rainy night that has a real high end car? >>> Drive it.
I get pissed when I get caught in the rain with most of my cars ... If I owned one of these it prob wouldn't see the light of day hahaha

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
I've been there maybe like 20 times over the last decade. I used to work/consult for a French company HQ'd in Paris.

My kids were on a European tour so my wife and I went for a week before and then met them in Paris for a few days.

I always hit up the Louvre, Buddha Bar, Latin Quarter, Champs-élysées, La Seine, 9th district, Notre Dame, China district, etc. I like hitting up the smaller non-chain type bakeries and a night cruise on the Seine is always cool.

If you can, check this place out, it's incredibly popular and a line forms before the place even opens. They only serve one entree, steak and fries but it's a landmark.
http://www.relaisentrecote.fr

Also the wife was crazy over a rose croissant made by a shop Piere Hermes.
http://www.pierreherme.com/croissant-ispahan.html

Food Tableware Ingredient Human body Automotive lighting

I stayed at the Marriott Champs-élysées and its right in the middle of the main touristy spot. Easily located by all metros and walkable to the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, and all the main museums and spots. Place is great for shopping if your bringing a significant other.

The locals hang out all day and night. I think the unemployment is like 40% for those under 25 so people are out and about til dawn.

Enjoy with the euro so low, the dollar goes along way.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response.

I have only been twice in the span of 10 years, the last being over 5 years ago. So my recollection of the place apart from touristy stuff isn't that great.

Of course I will have to revist Louvre etc. (Winged Victory I think is the name of the statue? Always thought it was pretty cool at the top of the stairs)

Cruise on the Seine is on my to do list and I am always a fan of steak and fries so will be sure to check out that place!

Will be sure to upload any really special exotics but somehow I don't think any are going to beat those three you spotted!

Going with the girlfriend. Sight-seeing and food are main priorities. So presently reading up on all the districts you mentioned.

Also it seems the time has come to take the next step in life....better get those alpha 9 turbos while I still can!! Upgrades are one thing. But upgrades and Chanel? Good grief!!

Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts