Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car Bumper Shoe Luggage and bags Bag Grille Automotive lighting [attachment=18
575:GTR_Pass...d_banner.jpg] Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Shorts Automotive cleaning [attachment=1
573:Carbon_f...r_hood_2.jpg]Factory located in Los Angeles.

Not much of a workout holding this GTR dry carbon hood (no clearcoat). Still needs some prep work before it is finished, but it should be ready before the end of the month.

Same can be said of the GTR dry carbon trunk.

Stradled on a soft foam stand for this picture, and still in its GTR trunk mold.

Fisheye of the trunk lay up.

Much more to come in development
Weight savings not determined yet but I will weight before installing on the GTR. A few more stuff is on the way.

Tan

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
nice. what is the difference between dry carbon fiber and wet carbon fiber?

as well, how much weight saving are these parts?
how heavy is the GT-R? what percentage of weight saving?

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
wet is just an overlay over fiberglass dry is is the pure carbon material thus more espensive

·
Registered
344 Posts
Got any website or link to your company or other previous projects? Looks pretty interesting..hopefully it's not Mooncraft kind of price.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle
Got any website or link to your company or other previous projects? Looks pretty interesting..hopefully it's not Mooncraft kind of price.
A combination of the various dry carbon products will save weight on the new GTR. This one is being built for SEMA. Products is not available until October. The website is www.passwordjdm.com
One of our other high end product is this dry carbon underbody that is somewhat very exact to the GTR underbody:
That entire 1x1 weave dry carbon underbody diffuser is only $2499.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
View attachment 18579

A combination of the various dry carbon products will save weight on the new GTR. This one is being built for SEMA. Products is not available until October. The website is www.passwordjdm.com
One of our other high end product is this dry carbon underbody that is somewhat very exact to the GTR underbody:
OMG, when I get my GTR, I want ALL your products!...discount for a pkg deal...lol

·
WOTer
1,144 Posts
Can't wait for the CF hood and trunk! Awesome products!

·
Premium Member
12,178 Posts
wet is just an overlay over fiberglass dry is is the pure carbon material thus more espensive
Not exactly.

We carbon is done with "wet" resin and carbon cloth layers. Fiberglass does not have to be there for it to be considered "wet". The layers are painted or sprayed on successively until the desired thickness is achieved. Fiberglass filler is found on lower quality parts and brands.

Dry carbon has the resin built into the carbon cloth. It is then put into an autoclave under intense pressure and heat to achieve a very strong/light structure.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Two questions...

How much?

How soon until available for sale?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
View attachment 18579

that is badass looks like the underneath of an r/c car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
I can assure you that this dry carbon underbody diffuser is not from a radio controlled car but from my 2005 Honda S2000, one of the many product lines we fabricate for the S2000 community, and hope to do so for the Nissan GTR monster.

that is badass looks like the underneath of an r/c car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
View attachment 18592
I can assure you that this dry carbon underbody diffuser is not from a radio controlled car but from my 2005 Honda S2000, one of the many product lines we fabricate for the S2000 community, and hope to do so for the Nissan GTR monster.
lol, i wasnt saying it was an r/c car, i said it looks like one. thats how they look underneath, all flat.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts