Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I know what is going in my motor.....

;)

Good to see they are finally here Kenny, I will come see you this afternoon.

Ron

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
dumb question, but what exactly do these do?

·
Vendor
547 Posts
Nice rods! Does anyone make pistons yet? Or a Stroker kit?
Jun makes a stroker kit for $20K. It's pretty pricey - this is one of the reason why we will start building our own R35 engines.

We will have pistons in the next couple of days.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
I've used these rods in various applications over the years. This design has been around for at least 15 years. They have always worked flawlessly. Great product. I even had them in my 850HP 4 cylinder turbo digger that ran 7.40's in the 1/4. Man I miss that dragster, but my wife made me sell it because she said it was too dangerous.

·
Formerly R35_395
1,073 Posts
Jun makes a stroker kit for $20K. It's pretty pricey - this is one of the reason why we will start building our own R35 engines.

We will have pistons in the next couple of days.
Sorry for off topic but do you happen to know what capacity the Jun stroker kit is or will be?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Is a 1.5 oz difference signficant? Not being antagonistic... I just don't know what the typical weight loss of going to a forged rod is.

·
Vendor
547 Posts
[quote name='R35_395' date='Oct 6 2009, 11:50 PM' post='466030']
Sorry for off topic but do you happen to know what capacity the Jun stroker kit is or will be?

Sorry, I do not know the limitations on the Jun kit. They do make very high quality parts.

These rods are stronger rod upgrades for those who want to fortify their internal engine with sleeves, rods, pistons, etc.. to withstand high amount of horsepower & torque (i.e turbo upgrades). The fact it is lighter than stock rod is a bonus.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Is a 1.5 oz difference signficant? Not being antagonistic... I just don't know what the typical weight loss of going to a forged rod is.
Any weight loss on rotating or reciprocating mass is significant. 1.5oz doesn't sound much but its half a kg less inertia to overcome across 6 cylinders on an engine rotating thousands of times per minute.

The result is a more responsive engine all other things remaining equal.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
JUN kit is very expensive and i heard all US produced (Ross), they decided to cut costs and not go with previous internal supplier Cosworth... speaking of which all the Cosworth VR stuff is coming January with announcments at Sema.... where Jun will also be.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
thanks ben! what about cam shafts or blanks? i know mines has camshafts but i would like to hear about blanks or more agressive than the mines ones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts