Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Borrowed another forum member's Race Logic PBOX for some runs. Recently upgraded to Ecutek Phase 5 and am still tweaking maps with my tuner. Car feels strong, but the times are less than stellar - could be due to a combination of elements, so hoping someone can lead me to the path of success here. See sig block for current setup - here's the essentials:

Ethanol content - 50%
LC RPM - 3600
Calculated DA - 8085 feet (used dragtimes.com - 5500' elevation,82F, 21% humidity, 30.10 pressure)
60-foot - 1.8
0-60 mph - 3.4
330-foot - 4.9
1/4 mile - 11.4
Trap speed - 125.1

Based on the data, it seems the 0-60 time is what's killing me here. The private road I use (away from prying eye of the law) isn't the best (but not some pothole riddle country road), my DA obviously sucks ass, and maybe it's my LC rpm. Incidentally, I did two back to back runs using low TC and high TC settings in P5 - both had identical times (low TC yielded a 124.5 trap speed) but noticeable wheelspin on low. Just not sure where I can make the best improvement here, or if this is what I'm destined to see every time for these conditions.

Thanks in advance for any advice here!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not sure how pbox accuracy compares to vbox, but that trap speed for those conditions is certainly indicative of good power. Especially given you were only E50 and assuming basic BO's.

Getting good times to back your trap speeds is difficult, especially on be street. Lots of variability and practice needed to get the launch down, so keep working at it and I'm sure you'll crack 10's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Holy shit that DA!

·
Founder/Admin
26,246 Posts
Do those results account for 1 foot roll out? If not that is more like 11.2 1/4
Also that trap is good but its probably taken at the end if the 1320 ft so you would see around 1 mph slower in your actual slip at a track as your trap is an average speed crossing a point just before the 1/4 ends. But at the same time magazine tests use mph measured the end of the 1320ft so either way is valid

did it also give you a beginning and ending elevation? Could be the road might not be level which will skew results too if its more than the 1% standard

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, 1-foot roll set. Could have checked the elevation on both ends but didn't think about that to see if my "proving ground" has any slope. Unfortunately it's BadZ06's pbox and I have to return it - only had a crash course in the different operations. My road is right by an airport with a field elevation of 5837 feet, so my DA in the OP was actually conservative (used 5500 feet elevation originally) - definitely a DA killer in the summer here.

Latest result was 11.0 at 126.5 on 66% ethanol with a calculated DA of 9226 feet (5800 elevation, 90F, 12% humidity, 29.80 pressure) - lowered my LC RPM a bit to 3K.

While I would have loved to see a pass in the 10's, I have to be pretty content with my latest data given probably the worst possible conditions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts