Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized I never posted any photos of my car after I got my wrap done.

The car was wrapped by GT Auto Concepts in Redwood City, CA.
All the panels were wrapped in the Suntek PPF-M which is the matte finish so it turns your paint to a more matte finish.

I love how the Suntek film turned out. I didn't want it to be too matte but more of a satin finish and I got exactly that.
It's hard to tell from photos but here are some for you guys. I'll try to find some better ones...

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Car looks great!

Thanks again for your support.

Mark

·
Registered
711 Posts
looks amazing! i feel like i have seen your garage online before.. amazing work!

·
Registered
534 Posts
That looks fantastic! Would love to see in person...a little hard to see the full effect in pics

·
Registered
415 Posts
that first pic is amazing! very glad you went with the suntek film...you should have no problem getting replacement film if for some reason you ever needed it.

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another car at the shop got the xpel matte film and it definitely was much more matte so I'm glad I got suntek.

The installer also said xpel was much harder to use than the suntek.

The A-pillar and all the lower trim pieces like bumper, side skirt, etc are all wrapped too. I'll take some better close up pics soon.

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, the car look wonderful.
Thanks! The Xpel film was harder because the film is thicker and more difficult to maneuver on larger panels.
On the other car with Xpel film, it took them almost a full day to get it to stick on the quarter panel correctly.

They did half of my car in one day.

·
2010 Super Silver
584 Posts
Another car at the shop got the xpel matte film and it definitely was much more matte so I'm glad I got suntek.

The installer also said xpel was much harder to use than the suntek.

The A-pillar and all the lower trim pieces like bumper, side skirt, etc are all wrapped too. I'll take some better close up pics soon.
So there's definitely a difference between the Suntek PPF-M and the Xpel Stealth film? I'm trying to decide what to put on my Matte Gray Veloster Turbo.

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So there's definitely a difference between the Suntek PPF-M and the Xpel Stealth film? I'm trying to decide what to put on my Matte Gray Veloster Turbo.
There is definitely a difference in the sheen of the satin as well. When i did it, Xpel was out of stock so it was out of the question anyways.

·
2010 Super Silver
584 Posts
There is definitely a difference in the sheen of the satin as well. When i did it, Xpel was out of stock so it was out of the question anyways.
Just wrapped the front of my Matte Gray Veloster Turbo with Xpel Stealth. It matched pretty well!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Looks terrific and helps protect again chips!

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
I have the same PPF-M wrap for my black 2013. You can really see the metallic colors shinning through the film.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts