Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty self explanatory the usual model near the car BS but my question is if I should charge him for using it or expect something to sweeten the deal. I'm not positive but I haven't seen any other red GTR's on Oahu yet and he bailed on a silver one in favor of using mine. This will be my first time doing this with the GTR so I'm not sure on the etiquette behind this. I know he will make money off of this so I'm not sure what my cut if any will be off of this. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
usually, those guys don't make much and are doing it for fun. look at what he has photographed and his skills.

I've seen "photoshoots" with "pro photographers" that looked like shit. the "models" were seriously busted. I don't want to post pics b/c I don't want to offend anyone, but not every photographer is the same.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
usually, those guys don't make much and are doing it for fun. look at what he has photographed and his skills.

I've seen "photoshoots" with "pro photographers" that looked like shit. the "models" were seriously busted. I don't want to post pics b/c I don't want to offend anyone, but not every photographer is the same.
+1 I have yet to see a really great model + GTR photoshoot that made me say "Wow". A few decent ones here and there but nothing I'd give an A+ to.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
I'd demand no less, than a couple of beers.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Pretty self explanatory the usual model near the car BS but my question is if I should charge him for using it or expect something to sweeten the deal. I'm not positive but I haven't seen any other red GTR's on Oahu yet and he bailed on a silver one in favor of using mine. This will be my first time doing this with the GTR so I'm not sure on the etiquette behind this. I know he will make money off of this so I'm not sure what my cut if any will be off of this. Thoughts?
Charge for your time, your GT-R was not free ;).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd demand no less, than a couple of beers.
AMEN
!!!!

To OP, if it isnt to much trouble for you to show up I wouldnt expect money or anything for that matter... You get to look at (hopefully) a hot chick lol and your in hawaii! Plus youll get some sic pics of your car!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just did shoot yesterday with local photographer. Did it before with a few of our other cars as well. Didn't expect anything other than a copy of the pictures. Photographer trying to get pics/write up in a magazine. Don't know which one yet. Like nlpamg said above, these guys don't make a lot of money.

If you go to raceprovenmotorsports.net, on their homepage, about half-way down, you'll see a cyber gray z06 with back 360 forged wheels. Same photog took those pics. I'll post GT-R pics when I get them.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
those pics look good, nice z06.

looking forward to seeing pics of your car.

edit: I'm not sure what the etiquette is regarding use of car. I can see getting a fee if the car was to be used as part of an advertising campaign for a company with a product, but not sure about a photographer. Agree with folks here that most of them don't get paid much for photos. Be nice getting some sweet pics of car, though.

Just did shoot yesterday with local photographer. Did it before with a few of our other cars as well. Didn't expect anything other than a copy of the pictures. Photographer trying to get pics/write up in a magazine. Don't know which one yet. Like nlpamg said above, these guys don't make a lot of money.

If you go to raceprovenmotorsports.net, on their homepage, about half-way down, you'll see a cyber gray z06 with back 360 forged wheels. Same photog took those pics. I'll post GT-R pics when I get them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the insight guys. I think I'll just ask for a copy of the photos and see where it goes from there. The guy also works for one of the shops around here so maybe he can get some sort of hook up for me on some tires or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts