Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know the consensus here is that the diamond black version is the best but I already have two sets of black wheels on my M6 and 997TT so I went back to the classic silver and Im very happy. This is my 3rd set of LM's- dating back to 2001 and they are timeless IMHO.

Mods:

Swift 1 inch springs (Thanks SP Engineering)
BBS LM's (Thanks ED and HMS/Orange County)
All Orange removed (Thanks to Ed and HMS again)
Painted Calipers (Stuttgart Performance)
Pics by Auktane- not even his job just a hobby and makes all of the cars he shoots look better!

Engine mods coming soon, still havent hit 1k in miles.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
DAMN... Vic thats pure sex! Love the painted calibers too, goes well with the red center caps. Regret not waiting for these silver LMs. I've been waiting to see a silver LMs on a white with the black lips. And it looks good. I got HRE C90 in silver but my GTR already had the matching painted lip before I put on the new shoes. So was worried if later I decide to change it to carbon fiber the color of the wheels will look off and would have to get my wheels redone in a darker color. But now I know it still looks good. But man... these do look better then the C90 IMHO. ALso nice pix... thanx for the new wall paper.

PS... it's going be a bitch keeping silver wheels clean. Gets dirty from the brake dust the 2nd day of driving after it was cleaned. Also a bitch to clean mesh wheels. All in all very worth it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
DAMN... Vic thats pure sex! Love the painted calibers too, goes well with the red center caps. Regret not waiting for these silver LMs. I've been waiting to see a silver LMs on a white with the black lips. And it looks good. I got HRE C90 in silver but my GTR already had the matching painted lip before I put on the new shoes. So was worried if later I decide to change it to carbon fiber the color of the wheels will look off and would have to get my wheels redone in a darker color. But now I know it still looks good. But man... these do look better then the C90 IMHO. ALso nice pix... thanx for the new wall paper.

PS... it's going be a bitch keeping silver wheels clean. Gets dirty from the brake dust the 2nd day of driving after it was cleaned. Also a bitch to clean mesh wheels. All in all very worth it.
Thanks bro!! You gotta believe me, I went back and forth between the C90's and the LM's but having had 6 sets of HRE's I was ready for the change, although I have had 2 sets of LM's already.

Yeah I know about cleaning those wheels, thank god my detailer rocks

·
Registered
751 Posts
probably best wheels ever! I might be slightly biased tho! Haha. Car looks great vic

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Just awesome Vic, I've had 3 sets of LMs too! May I ask what % tint you have on the front and rear? Are they 20%

·
GOTZIRA
3,572 Posts
man looking sexy!
the red center look good with the red calipers! Need to get the brembo stickers in GOLD NOW and it will be HOT!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Thanks, the fresh detail probably helped and the sun was beaming last Saturday!!
I would bet anything that the photos were color-corrected a bit and that 09 'cream' white turned into more of a true white. Ask the photographer if he color-corrected them at all.

The sun will definitely lighten it up a bit but it sure looks that it's more white than the original paint.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts