Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered quadzilla midpipe during Black Friday sale. About to install but found some issues passenger side is shorter and a little off angle. Emailed boostlogic waiting for response.

View attachment 154490

I compared it to stock and aftermarket midpipe

Bicycle part Wind instrument Gas Musical instrument Bicycle fork

I can move it up and try to compensate but one set of pipe is now longer

Cylinder Bicycle part Nickel Auto part Metal

Side by side passenger side is shorter

Leg Drinkware Gas Tool Thigh

Don't want to sound picky but would like it to be even.

If any one of you have one and not installed yet can you check. Or you have a good pic of it under car, are all pipes equal length

Attachments

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
If Im not mistaken, one side is always shorter. Its like that from the factory unless you maybe have aftermarket turbos.

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
What he said. They aren't even on the car...you can loosen all the bolts and try to make it even...but they are always a little wonky.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
One side was a tad shorter on my set up. Wonder how you got the midpipe to sit sooooo flush on the right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine was same way. Bolts to stock turbos fine. The flex portion of the old midpipe can compress / stretch to account for the difference.... Similarly the quadZilla can compress / stretch (hence the side springs).

love mine.

What are your other mods?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still waiting for some pics,
My mods are
3" gotboost w/green filter
3" boostlogic inlets
Akrapovic full exhaust
Cobb ots w/tcm

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very nice setup... You're going to need injectors to get the most out of your tune. Bet your near 100% IDC

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice setup... You're going to need injectors to get the most out of your tune. Bet your near 100% IDC
I know I need injectors my IDC is at 97%. Just need throttle control to keep it down, car is fast enough. I should do a tune but deciding on upgrading to newer model so don't want to do too much.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I know I need injectors my IDC is at 97%. Just need throttle control to keep it down, car is fast enough. I should do a tune but deciding on upgrading to newer model so don't want to do too much.
ID1000 is what l went with car runs like a beast with Cobb ots stage 3

·
Registered
162 Posts
ID1000 here and ran the Cobb OTS stage 3. Crazy fast. Then Tim Bailey did e-tune and made it even smoother.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just a FYI the quadzilla mid will pull the Akra rear section in more leaving the tips more inside the bumper cutout if you don't release the springs during the install.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those look really sunk in, can try to loosen tips and extend it further out.
Here's mine, akra not installed I have different midpipe on

View attachment 155417

This weekend I will be placing my stock cats back on and compare them, my smog is due next month anyway

About the ID1000 with Cobb stage 3 how safe is that without fine tunning, any downsides. Also have down pipes sitting here. Will any Bosch ev14 made for gtr work or only id1000 and Cobb injectors. Might give it a try after I smog

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm thinking of going with the GTC Titan 102 in a few months.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It does sound good though

·
Registered
162 Posts
You def need the tune for the Injectors but the OTS Tune was awesome ... I had an e-tune which I think made the car smoother, better idle, builds boost earlier ... But the OTS was a great map.

didn't do downpipes purely for sound (daily drive it a bit) but that left some easy horsepower on the table...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Those look really sunk in, can try to loosen tips and extend it further out.
Here's mine, akra not installed I have different midpipe on

View attachment 155417

This weekend I will be placing my stock cats back on and compare them, my smog is due next month anyway

About the ID1000 with Cobb stage 3 how safe is that without fine tunning, any downsides. Also have down pipes sitting here. Will any Bosch ev14 made for gtr work or only id1000 and Cobb injectors. Might give it a try after I smog
Like l said l have zero issue with my Cobb ots stage 3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Removed midpipe to test fit, ziptied in place, can adjust by twisting but can't makeup that 3/8" length

View attachment 156418

Check mating surface is pretty flat

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

Comparing midpipe can clearly see which one is off and Akra is 1/2" or so shorter in length because I had to pull the exhaust forward when I placed the akra in

Cylinder Metal Nickel Auto part Titanium

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts