Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts

http://gulfnews.com/...le-now-1.984589

Because a hypercar with 550bhp and a 0-100kph sprint time of 2.8 seconds just isn't flashy enough, Nissan Middle East has announced the availability of a GT-R VVIP edition for the GCC and Lebanon markets.
The ultra-exclusive VVIP still features the same 2012 technical specifications, meaning the 550 horsepower 3.8-litre twin-turbo engine and six-speed all-wheel drive transmission. What makes it special is the is the availability of 12 interior colour combinations, with leather trimmed in Germany but with a Japanese twist, according to the 'Takumi', or 'master with greatest skills' approach.
Nissan's VVIP also gets a Bose sound system tuned specifically to the driving position in the cabin, as well as 24 karat gold plated side panels, grille and VVIP badges.
Optional equipment includes Nissan's carbon ceramic brakes and titanium muffler. The 2012 GT-R VVIP is available for order now, with a price of Dh827,000, while the optional extras are another Dh150,000. Yeah…

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Gold :facepalm:

I just can't type how I feel about this car

Charging that much isn't reasonable any any front

24karat gold!!!!!!!!!!! Are we in the FUCKIN 80's

·
Premium Member
4,166 Posts
Yes i believe so.

There are 12 photos in post#2, cant you see them?
Pics show up, but they look like the global MY11 car?
The VVIP MY12 looks to have brake ducts for the CC rotors and the car in those pics dont seem to have any of that?

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics show up, but they look like the global MY11 car?
The VVIP MY12 looks to have brake ducts for the CC rotors and the car in those pics dont seem to have any of that?
Good eye, ''knock on wood''

I just noticed that the Black GTR has the ducts, the white one doesnt.

·
Registered
79 Posts
AED997K = $271K, are they serious

·
Founder/Admin
26,148 Posts
the pic is small but it looks like the black car has the brake ducts but not the carbon duct trim like the track pack/specV... first ive seen of this if im seeing that i think im seeing

also it looks like it has the egoist color options not just the white and gold

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Nissan know where the money market is

Surprised they haven't followed Ferrari yet and brought out a Chinese specific model

I'd love to see how long that gold grille lasts parked in downtown chicago

·
Registered
589 Posts
More money, less taste.

·
10' Super SIlver
2,319 Posts
Well that has the Carbon Wing, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, and real leather. Ask some of the other members how much they paid to re-upholster there car you would be surprised, but damn 270K . Damn here we could buy 2 BE's and get an Alpha 10 installed on one......lol......

So to put into perspective what does an Aventador or Gallardo cost in that market.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
The price is ridiculous because there's no big import tax on cars in the UAE. If anything fully loaded the car should be $180k based on the Japanese market.

·
R35 Addict
204 Posts
even though we have stupid people with money here, I dont think anyone is stupid enough to buy this... its just missing some 22' rims with all the gold it has.
any sane person would just buy the premium one and have enough money for the new M5

This car just proves the fact that Nissan ME are the biggest crooks on the planet.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
The price is ridiculous because there's no big import tax on cars in the UAE. If anything fully loaded the car should be $180k based on the Japanese market.
As I recall it's only 5%

·
Registered
5 Posts
More money, less taste.<
Spot on.
If it was a Bentley and its image was associated with luxury and opulence i could understand it
But theyve got it completely wrong, the GTR is not about luxury it is about performance.
They would have been much better off here releasing a 620bhp GTR called the VVIP edition rather than some gold that looks like you went to foil a car and some leather seats which you could get done at Karama.

Not a fan.
Makes me happier I own a normal GTR as I imagine if you own one, everyone will ask you why you spent so much money on it when you could have just bought a normal one

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Nothing wrong with a nicer interior than the plain Altima interior but not for $125k more.

Spot on.
If it was a Bentley and its image was associated with luxury and opulence i could understand it
But theyve got it completely wrong, the GTR is not about luxury it is about performance.
They would have been much better off here releasing a 620bhp GTR called the VVIP edition rather than some gold that looks like you went to foil a car and some leather seats which you could get done at Karama.

Not a fan.
Makes me happier I own a normal GTR as I imagine if you own one, everyone will ask you why you spent so much money on it when you could have just bought a normal one

1 - 20 of 24 Posts