Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Laser Interceptor power switch is mounted next to the mirror adjusments. I mounted the Beltronics STiR Plus radar display right under the launch control switches and the power/control unit on the lower trim next to the gear selector. All the systems power is on a seperate fuse( empty port in the fuse box) and the USB plug for updates is hidden in the fuse box panel.. The jammer sensors blend in and are not noticeible unless you are looking for them. I hope this helps anyone on the fence about these systems.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added picture of Laser Interceptor switch mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear Jammer mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front Jammers mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
looks good Craig! why did they put them their on the rear bumper? I feel like a cop wont like that if they see that.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good Craig! why did they put them their on the rear bumper? I feel like a cop wont like that if they see that.
The jammers need an unobstructed view to work. There is no ther place to mount the jammers. Most people would not know what is on the rear bumper. BTW I can purchase a switch from Laser Interceptor to turn the system into parking sensors and be able to demonstrate they are parking sensors with the flick of the switch. The switch is on my short list right now.

·
GTR Hokie
375 Posts
The jammers need an unobstructed view to work. There is no ther place to mount the jammers. Most people would not know what is on the rear bumper. BTW I can purchase a switch from Laser Interceptor to turn the system into parking sensors and be able to demonstrate they are parking sensors with the flick of the switch. The switch is on my short list right now.
Could you put the sensors below the plate where the rear changes to gray? Or is that too low/incorrect mounting? I didn't even see the sensors in the front!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny you should ask. I had another Laser Interceptor save on my way home an hour ago, the system worked perfect. The Beltronics radar unit has also worked flawless. My commute to work is around 20 miles and I pass 6 red light cameras plus numerous speed traps and I have not been stopped. Anyone with a GT-R W/O this set up doen't know what they are missing, as false alerts are a thing of the past and the LI are the best on the market. BTW mounting the LI makes all the difference in the world as I have had numerous saves in the past few months. I even tested the unit with a LIDAR unit myself. PM me if you need the shop I used as they can get all the parts you will need and back up their work.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you put the sensors below the plate where the rear changes to gray? Or is that too low/incorrect mounting? I didn't even see the sensors in the front!
NO. Why would you do that ? The plate is the target the LIDAR operator will use to get a speed reading. Also the rear of this car is flat and reflective and hard enough to protect against. Do not make it easy for them,and harder for you by moving the units lower.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
This unit is on my shortlist, I expect to purchase it in the next month or so. Where did you install the front diodes?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Install the LI in FRONT of the grill with the GT-R logo in each corner.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Zero2Sixty,

Where did you mount the STiR speaker? I have mine in the left front corner about half way up under the dash. It's not loud enough for me in this location, I am thinking about moving it towards the middle console to see it this works better.

Thanks,

V

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.