Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel I live in the greatest country in the world the (USA), but after seeing these pictures we can learn a great deal from the Japanese people. The pictures are from the initial quake then 3 months later and the last is 6 months. The progress is just amazing.
http://blogs.sacbee....-since-ear.html

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Wow.... the progress is amazing. I can't help but wonder if the US people faced with the same tragic mess would have accomplished this much in only 6 months.

·
Registered
123 Posts
dude japanese... most loyal and respectable people in the world... i wish the best for them!
the USA would be crying HELP! we are bunch of weak ass people as a country.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I feel I live in the greatest country in the world the (USA), but after seeing these pictures we can learn a great deal from the Japanese people. The pictures are from the initial quake then 3 months later and the last is 6 months. The progress is just amazing.
http://blogs.sacbee....-since-ear.html
now compare that against what new orleans looks like........then tell me whether it's the greatest country in the world

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
What the Japanese people have done is nothing short of amazing in the time period they had. The whole world can take a lesson from this, especially this country.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now compare that against what new orleans looks like........then tell me whether it's the greatest country in the world
I agree with the first part of your statement and Katrina was a perfect example of how people did NOT come together. However this AMERICAN would Disagree with the second part of your statement and will tell you the USA is the greatest/ most powerful country in the world. I do not expect a citizen from down under or any other country to understand this point of view. My hope is that we as a country can learn from the people of Japan and how they responded to the quake and the aftermath.

·
4,747 Posts
Most powerful country =/= Best country.

How is USA the best? For the sake of an argument.

Health? Freedom of Expression? Financial stability? Freedom of Info? Taxes?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
We went though New Orleans about a year after, and it was pretty shocking.

Japan has some crazy resilience. They are strong, and they are proud.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most powerful country =/= Best country.

How is USA the best? For the sake of an argument.

Health? Freedom of Expression? Financial stability? Freedom of Info? Taxes?
RELAX and read the top of the page of this thread I said " I FEEL i live in the greatest country in the world (USA) " This is my OPINION. I will not argue this with you, but will try to educate you on the blueprint of the USA. The Constitution created 224 years ago are words I live by and would die for. I have enclosed the link of the Constitution from the US archives, seriously take a read and then you might understand where my opinions come from. BTW the point of this thread was that we in the USA could learn a great deal from others and in this case the people of Japan.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html

·
Registered
639 Posts
And to add George Bush doesn't care about black people.
This statement makes you look immature. This statement also shows the workings of freedom of the press in the US Constitution framework .In the USA the media is allowed and often do speak out against our leaders(that is a good thing). In some countrys around the world you would be put in prison or killed for speaking out against the leader of a country. As far as George Bush does not care about black people, I do not know what is in another mans head or heart. Maybe you do.

·
Registered
235 Posts
^ Over the last couple of years I have changed my views and now feel that this GREAT country is heading down hill fast and if it contnues in this course, it will no longer be the GREATEST country in the world; continue heading in this direction and within 5 years we will lower our standards to those of others.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I agree with the first part of your statement and Katrina was a perfect example of how people did NOT come together. However this AMERICAN would Disagree with the second part of your statement and will tell you the USA is the greatest/ most powerful country in the world. I do not expect a citizen from down under or any other country to understand this point of view. My hope is that we as a country can learn from the people of Japan and how they responded to the quake and the aftermath.
re world position, don't confuse the desire to go to war with the ability to go war

re monetary position, well this citizen from downunder can buy more with my dollar

1 AUD = 1.04285 USD

us citizens also get free health care, a higher level of education, and have a higher employment number

so yes it is hard for me to understand your pov

·
THAT GUY
4,775 Posts
you sure you are the most powerful country in the world

1.00 USD = 0.958911 AUD US Dollar Australian Dollar 1 USD = 0.958911 AUD 1 AUD = 1.04285 USD
Lets get serious,with your analogy.The United Kingdom would be the most powerful since the pound closed at 1:60 today.Where does the world buy there bonds from? Where do all the investors put there money when the world has some kind of hick up USA $$$$.Who does the world call on when they need some help??...Just some thoughts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
RELAX and read the top of the page of this thread I said " I FEEL i live in the greatest country in the world (USA) " This is my OPINION. I will not argue this with you, but will try to educate you on the blueprint of the USA. The Constitution created 224 years ago are words I live by and would die for. I have enclosed the link of the Constitution from the US archives, seriously take a read and then you might understand where my opinions come from. BTW the point of this thread was that we in the USA could learn a great deal from others and in this case the people of Japan.
http://www.archives....nstitution.html
yes the constiution was created by a college of brilliant minds

unfortunately with the introduction of the patriot act days after 9/11, and now the roll out of TSA check points, alot of those freedoms have been eroded in the defence against the 'war on terror'

1 - 20 of 29 Posts