Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone was curious to see how they'd look. Sidewalls look a bit small in the rears. Track testing @ Buttonwillow with revalved stock shocks and prototype sleeve kit this Friday.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
So basically you can't compare the tires to anything else you've used because you're running a different suspension setup as well... :(

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Looking forward to the track review!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Angry driving cometh! Hopefully the track stays dry!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
So how did they work? I am really interested in hearing about them since I am sitting on the fence about getting a set.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They worked really well! AMAZING amount of grip for a 300 treadwear tire and wore nicely. They did get rears did eventually get greasy while my friend was running right behind a 997 GT3 cup car on slicks for a few laps, but I think that's because I have too much bar in the rear (even on soft).

IMO, it's a perfect street and mild track tire. Quiet, fairly cheap (compared to stock) and should last a long time. Toss a can of TPMS safe fix-a-flat in your hidden compartment under the front passenger floor mat and you should be good!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Any chance you have a pic of the whole car with them mounted? Various angles?

Also did you happen to measure the change in ground clearance with the switch from OEM to these? I've bottomed out on some smaller diameter wheels/tires I borrowed at the track one time...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Any chance you have a pic of the whole car with them mounted? Various angles?

Also did you happen to measure the change in ground clearance with the switch from OEM to these? I've bottomed out on some smaller diameter wheels/tires I borrowed at the track one time...

Thanks again.
yes pics please! I should be getting these tires in the exact same size today.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
congrats Jon H, who did the re-valving on the Bilsteins?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
The 285 results in a shorter tire and skinny sidewall. In theory, this will offer less grip than a 35 series tire. Did the car move around a lot at the limit? When the tire starts to howl, what is the car's behavior? We've run the 295/35/20 squares on 10/11 width wheels and work incredibly well with tons of grip and compliance.

I am interested in your freed back because this tire width is better suited for the stock wheel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Track testing @ Buttonwillow with revalved stock shocks and prototype sleeve kit this Friday.
Did you have Bilstein in California revalve your stock shocks? Can you please provide more details?

I love this model of tire but I plan to wait until Q2 2012 for the correct GT-R sizes to arrive. At that time I might try 285/35-20 square.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 285 results in a shorter tire and skinny sidewall. In theory, this will offer less grip than a 35 series tire. Did the car move around a lot at the limit? When the tire starts to howl, what is the car's behavior? We've run the 295/35/20 squares on 10/11 width wheels and work incredibly well with tons of grip and compliance.

I am interested in your freed back because this tire width is better suited for the stock wheel.
The car actually performed fine at the limit and didn't move around. I ran into some "skipping" issues, but that's probably due to the shocks needing more adjustment. When the tires start to howl, it was just a gradual release of grip if I continued to push further. Pretty predictable and it inspired some of the most confidence I've had in the car thus far on that track (I'm still a noob) and set my best time of the day.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.