Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm Jacob and live in central nj I've been reading for a while but just signed up today. I put down money on 2009 Gtr premium that's for sale in Paul miller BMW For 64999 I talked them down to 63000. I'm picking the car up tomorrow it's black on black. I have driven the car and pulls like a ******** what should I look for and what should I ask for before signing on the line ...? Btw the car had 4 owners and a clean car fax any input would be appreciated Warranty expires in 3 months .. Car is up for sale on cars.com

http://www.paulmillerbmw.com/preowned/JN1AR54F29M252699.html

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Congrats.

If you could get a history of maintenance 18k is the big one it should have had. See what dealer did it if that shows up and call for a print out of what was done. That fluid change is approx 2k. Check tire wear on the inside not on the outside of the tires as tires can be another 1400-1800 cost.

car looks very clean for the mileage.

Hopefully we run into each other. Thursday edgewater meets should have some GTR's in attendance.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the response guys yes 4 owners I am a bit scared of this 18k miles service has been done tires are decent brakes have 7-10 k remaining ? I thought this was a very good price maybe not?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried the basically gave me 1500 more then expected for my trade so u guys know how that works Should I not pull the trigger even if all service records check out? ( which I'll know by tomorrow am )

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
a little late to be asking all the theses questions when you put money down and are picking it up tomorrow....these tires always look good from the outside....check the inside 2 inches.....if the 18K mile service was not done the deal just got a whole lot worse....anyways, best of luck

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
A 2009 GTR? I'd want to know how many times they launched it (LC1).

I'd tell the dealer to allow you to take it to Nissan and have a comprehensive inspection done. May save you big in the long run.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do the car is going to Nissan in the morning Should I ask specifically for anything. Has Nissan extended the warranty on trans till 5 years 50k or is this false ?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
ask for a log for trans temps, launches and when date it was converted from LC1. You can then see how many owners were able to give it the LC1 launch.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will as for all of the above thanx guys. I keep my cars for 6-12 months at a time and every time I do buy a car I don't have a mind set to beat the piss out of it knowing I'll trade it in in a year

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Thats the normal drive train warranty. 4 Owners is a lot, you gotta figure at least one of them did horrible things to the car........
That is not necessarily true....a one owner car could be in worse shape than a 4 owner car....you never know....in fact I believe that a 4 owner car would be well taken care of.....someone that has an expensive car for a short period of time is usually someone that is very financially secure and may have more than one toy....they drive it a little and turn it over.....they usually take very good care of their cars.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the Service history for the car everything seems to be ok oil changes done regularly do not see the 18k mile service in there but i see something for the trans dunno if that might of been it will get more answers tomorrow as nissan didnt have any time to look at the car today... the car will be at nissan first thing in the AM and by noon i should be picking her up if everything is ok...

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Good luck. Just remember if you have to bale on this deal there will always be another one for sale somewhere else. Maybe even a better deal.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That is not necessarily true....a one owner car could be in worse shape than a 4 owner car....you never know....in fact I believe that a 4 owner car would be well taken care of.....someone that has an expensive car for a short period of time is usually someone that is very financially secure and may have more than one toy....they drive it a little and turn it over.....they usually take very good care of their cars.....
I agree with this. Before I bought mine I was looking at one that had 3 owners under its belt and the car only had 3900 miles on it. When talking to the current owner he said he bought from an 80 year old man who kept the car in one state and lived in another. Some of those rich guys buy it, realize its not for them and toss it just like that. Also, dealerships may be listed as multiple owners sometimes too. Basically if Nissan does a thorough inspect for you and pulls some positive data, I'd say you're good to go.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Congrats. Hope to meet you on the road. I'm planning on heading to the edge water meet tom night.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.