Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 Nissan GT-R started having some issues first off with the key light on the cluster then when I start it everything goes wacky and the speedometer drops to 0 and back to my speed as I'm driving along with every other light coming on and off. Also my car will not turn off I have to hold the bottom down for 5 seconds then it turns off. Anyone ever had this issue? Or know what it could be?? I would really appropriate some help with this! Thanks

Attachments

· 2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
392 Posts
Has the car's battery been replaced yet? Unstable voltages from battery can cause weird behaviour. Mine is an '09 also, and so far on orig battery without troubles - but 6-7 years old is getting pretty old for the original battery.

Speaking of batteries, recommend also changing the battery in your keyfob(s) if you have not already.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! They checked the battery they said it was good. Nissan said it was gauge cluster modules that we're going out and so they are overnighting it. 1800 for the cluster and its out of warranty.. This sucks hope that's all that's wrong with it

· 2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
392 Posts
Hope that's it... there are known problems with gauge LED failures, but your cluster's behaviour seemed to be much more than just a few backlighting LED failures.

Anyway, let us know how it goes.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
didnt nissan extend the warranty on the entire cluster?

· Registered
2,866 Posts
There was one member a while ago who offered fixes by resoddering the connections, but cannot recall who. You may want to do a search and see if he can still do them or has an extra you can swap yours for.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.