Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock Wheels Color for Track
What Color Should I paint my Stock Wheels for Track Use? (Black GTR)
Bright Red617.65%
Sun Burst Gold1029.41%
Takata Green617.65%
White12.94%
Orange 720.59%
Other.... Please specify in your post411.76%

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
HI Guys,

Been contemplating this for a while...

I have a set of road wheels and have been using my stock rims for track use. I would like to paint the stock wheels for track use and make a statement while on track. I attend a yearly event which includes sponsor stickers on the car, and am looking for the right color to match with everything and look good.

I have narrowed the choices (if you can call 5 colors narrowing down) to the colors mentioned above in the poll.... One of my biggest concerns has been the caliper color and how well these colors would go with it....

Really appreciate you feedback... Here are a couple of pics of my car from last year, which should look very similar to next event coming up in terms of sponsor stickers.

Also anyone with Photoshop capabilities that can slap on some colors on the rims, would be highly
appreciated....

Also find under examples of the colors I have in mind....

NOTE: ALL PICTURES USED (ASIDE FROM MINE) ARE FROM THE NET AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY OBJECTION FOR ME TO POST, LET ME KNOW AND I SHALL REMOVE THEM IMMEDIATELY. NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS INTENDED ON USE OF THE PICS HERE...

BRIGHT RED

SUN BURST GOLD

TAKATA GREEN

WHITE

ORANGE

Thanks in advance....

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Orange will look good with the sponsor stickers

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Black or gunmetal

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black or gunmetal
With all due respect, black or gunmetal is not loud enough... My street rims are already matte black and stock rims are close to a black and/or gunmetal finish, so wouldn't be achieving any new look....

Thanks for the feedback in all cases....

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
White with orange lip?

Just thinking...
Orange like in the pic or orange like our calipers??? Not sure if that would work... Also about the white, been told I will get very dirty very soon because of brake dust....

Aaaagghhh.... Tough to choose.... Should make each wheel a color.... Lol!!!

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Well dark colors will hide the dust better, but from what I understood, you prefer brighter colors.

I was referring to the orange like in the pic.

Either orange, to go with the stickers, or red - to go with the other stickers.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
threw this quick shop job together to get a general idea....

God bless you Kris!!!!

Now that I see it, Orange definitely seems to look best!!!! Don't mean to be pushy, but any chance you can do the sun burst gold and red???

Once again really do appreciate the help and this will go a long way in making the decision easier!

·
Registered
563 Posts
threw this quick shop job together to get a general idea....
Kris I am in the same shoes as tshawa I have a white GTR, and I recently bought the 2012 premium wheels. I still have my old 2010 wheels, and I am planning to paint them and use them solely on the track. I would love it if you can show me how my car would look like with the different colors! I have no idea how photoshop works or else I can do it on my own. Here are a few pictures:

and if anyone can give me color ideas I would greatly appreciate it
My first choice was white, but I was told it would get dirty super fast on the track.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Much appreciated Kris....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thoughts?
Thank your Kris for taking the time to do this for me, I really do appreciate it. I must say I am liking the white, and the gold. From what I understood white isn't a good choice for the track since it will get dirty pretty quick. I would have never thought of gold (first photo) but I must say it looks good in the photo.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well all wheels get dirty. If you like go white! So what if they get dirty its a car no a show piece you stare at. Enjoy it. My suggestion is go powder coat last the longest and never chips.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts