Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
It's worth a lot, maybe not that much....but I think it will be worth more than 350 in the future.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Porsche values are going sky high.
The 2011 4.0 is crazy with regard to demand.
991 GT3RS will be the same.
Word on the street (forums) is that 4.0 liter will be next generation.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
What makes it so special??? How is it worth so much?? Artificially inflated interest??

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
What makes it so special??? How is it worth so much?? Artificially inflated interest??
I think it's just because it's limited production and an even more hardcore track version of the already track focused gt3. ....then you have the 997 gt3 rs 4.0 and whatever the 991 gt3 rs 4.x will be...those are even more rare than the already rare gt3 rs's...which are more rare than the limited standard gt3. Hah!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I dont know, 350k for that is way too much in my book. I think GT3RS is great but not that much greater than GT3.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
How about a 20 year old one for $280,000

http://m.ebay.com/itm/351516700457
The 1997 or any 993 turbo is the most sought after 911 turbo. It's the last of the air cooled porsche turbo's. Very valuable, especially the 1997 (last year).

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
3,750 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you track the car there isn't really anything better. probably the best steering feel of any car out right now and it'll run for hours in 100 degree heat. Not many other cars can do that. Many of the owners have a huracan / 458 / 650s in their stable and they would sell those in a heartbeat to keep their GT3.

Supply and demand is part of it too. Most other 100-200k exotics you can just walk in, spec out what you want and get it delivered anytime. If you don't have your name on the list for a porsche GT car soon after its announced.. you won't get one. Porsche sells all their cars before its even released, and in return their customers get a car that loses no money over the next 2-3 years... and will probably go up in value.

Meanwhile McLaren dealers are offering 80k discounts off of their new 650s lol

·
2015 Pearl White BE
368 Posts
If you track the car there isn't really anything better. probably the best steering feel of any car out right now and it'll run for hours in 100 degree heat. Not many other cars can do that. Many of the owners have a huracan / 458 / 650s in their stable and they would sell those in a heartbeat to keep their GT3.
Totally agree. This is a purebred race car that can stay out there the whole day. If that's your gig, and you can afford it, it's a no-brainer. I just can't afford one.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't give a shit how fast it is, how it handles, etc. Pure principle alone would not permit me to pay more than $200K (let alone) $400K for ANY 911.

·
Registered
466 Posts
These are nice, but if you're really looking for a track car the new ACR is probably a better option. It has more power, downforce, and is almost 1/3 of the price. Point is, besides a DCT, I'm not seeing why a track guy would buy this. If not for the track, why pay that much when to *most* it looks like any other 911?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts