Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Another sad showing for the nismo. Not sure why nobody ever runs a second time to show what the car is capable of. The Gtr spun on the cold ass drag radials, they should have put on nto5's on there.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I agree they turned that thing into a pos. That nismo looked terrible. Where are those 10 sec runs on these cars. Supposedly someone ran a 9.7 at 140+ on e85 but not sure which vendor. There was that video too of nismo running a 11.3 a 120 ...wtf? I mean its getting shit on by everything now...especially stock hell cats. Nissan needs to up their game because their Gtrs cars trap like shit now.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
yea I think that's the video it got smoked by supercharged C7

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea thats the one unfortunatly. 2013's were running 10.9's almost all day long so far no stock nismo or 2015 has been in the 10's besides matts nismo from what it seems. Is it a weak factory tune again? bad fuel?

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
The Nismo is all about running at high rpms. It's not a good drag car. It was purposely built for the race track. The wing is for the track. The turbo's and tune were designed to be run in the high RPM range all day long.

I still don't get why people think the Nismo should be a good drag car.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
The Nismo is all about running at high rpms. It's not a good drag car. It was purposely built for the race track. The wing is for the track. The turbo's and tune were designed to be run in the high RPM range all day long.

I still don't get why people think the Nismo should be a good drag car.
thats why I said the one in the first video with that drag set up looks out of place to put it nicely and almost ridiculous to put it not as nicely. Just from the aesthetics that would be like me buying a ford raptor and prepping it for autocross

but with that said I got half a dozen mid 1.5 60fts and then 126.5-127.3 traps so its not a "bad" drag car and faster or as fast as any unicorn stock GTR on record. definitely not the intention of NISMO when designing it. the fact that its a little faster top end is a side effect of the power band change that was meant for overtaking on track

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
that was not a horrible showing of the Nismo that was a horrible showing of that driver and the shop that put that together! Why the hell do you need a full slick for 700whp? R888's or Nitto's would be way better on that car. I have seen 1500whp gtr's hook better than that, obviously the tires were cold. Either way I thought it was way too much tire for that power level.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
MC's Nismo is indeed fast. He has have proven that it 60 foots just as well if not better than lesser GT-R's.

It really comes down to track prep, tire temperature and PSI. Most GT-R's 60 foot the best in close to 80 degree temps. On the street it needs brand new asphalt or concrete to put down the best numbers.

They are also sensitive to octane so it's important to get the best fuel possible. Since you can't data log a stock car it's very hard to know if the car is pulling timing.

All of this needs to come together on the same night and I don't think most owners think that much into it hence lot's of less than stellar runs.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
991 Turbo S's launch more consistently than GT-R's due to their rear weight bias.

Stock to stock a Turbo S would probably win 4-5 times vs a Nismo at the drag strip. A roll race would be another matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.