Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just yesterday I fitted my HKS manifold and today I gave my original to be ported and matched to a set of 72mm throttles.

It's not a difficult job to remove your OEM one, and it woud only take a day or two to get the work done locally. Any engine remanufacturer or machinist should be able to do it easily.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Kinda of topic but would there be any gains whatsoever on a fbo e85 car?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I believe Dave at GotBoost has one or two ready to go - just need to send yours in as a core.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol the only problem getting it done locally is I don't trust anyone. I may give Dave a call and see if he has some. Thanks for the info. As for the op on gains I seen Chris got around 20 hp on a fbo e85 car from a ported manifold

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
He had at least one as of september 9th so check with Dave to see if he still has it. Wont put words in his mouth but do talk to him personally about the realisitic potential based on his experience.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Boostlogic has a few ready to ship.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
does a manifold change require any tuning adjustments?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Ill have a core for sale after the 28th as Im installing my Gotboost ported intake then. Ill be able to tell you exactly what the gains are but Ive been told ~25whp. Im at FBO level now.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
3,964 Posts
I would say around 10whp ported intake alone. Perhaps 25whp on ported manifold and inlet pipes on a CBA gtr.
I have one. I've been told that depending upon who makes it, the porting can actually loose HP if not done correctly. Mine was sourced from Curt, and I was told it was "done right" upon the builder's inspection, and I believe I gained HP by keeping it with my Alpha 9 build. How much HP; I don't know. I'd GUESS 10-20 HP.

Alexd.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.