Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I picked up a 2014 FBO flex fuel GTR last year September. After getting it, I swapped out all fluids and spark plugs installed a street intercooler and got the car retuned. For the past few weeks the car has a weird idle at times and if I hold down the gas when the car is on park the idle surges. The car is currently on 93 pump gas (new gas was filled the day before writing this post). I am thinking the injectors may be going bad and I am thinking to swap them out as the car has 69k miles. I am currently running injector dynamics 1050x injectors, so I am planning to get the same ones new and swap them in. Would the car require a retune if I install new injectors?

Also are there any other solutions as to what may cause this surge at idle aside from injectors?

I've also attached a video of my applying constant gas pressure to the car while on park showing how the idle surges.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
When I had the exact same idle surge, it occurred when the car was warmed up (not during first start of the day). In my case it was the tune, not the parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I had the exact same idle surge, it occurred when the car was warmed up (not during first start of the day). In my case it was the tune, not the parts.
I’ll reach out to my tuner and see if any revisions needs to be made as similar to you the first start of the day seems fine. Hopefully that is the case and there is no need to buy new parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts