Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

You have asked me to give you a break down of what I found post tracking. Here we go:

Post Track inspection - $300.00 (My choice)
Same as Performance Optimization Service
- Adjust clutch packs
- Tranny Relearn
- ECU reset
- Laser alignment
- Engine balance check
- Fluid checks

I had them do a full tranny flush (My Choice)

- Front and rear differentials - $179.00 Fluids
- Transmition - $560.00 Fluids

Oil Change (My choice)

- Oil Filter - $7.08
- Mobil 1 - $64.32

I then had them quote some parts:

Front Rotors - $1492.74 (2)
Front Pad kit - $489.00
Rear Pad Kit - $405.00
Front tires - $793.00 for a pair
Nitro fills are $25.00

That's all I had time to quote from them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the info. Does the quoted price include labor? It doesn't sound that bad...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great info. Thanks very much.

On the Tranny stuff, you said "your choice" so I assume they did not recommend it based on computer data, correct?

After how many track days/miles do you think you will repeat this service?

I will prob do the trans fluids after my two-day track session this weekend (I am paranoid about , but thereafter I will only do it with they recommend (based on data logger of trans oil temps).

I am trying to get a rough sense of the per-track-day consumable cost of the car.

My current estimate (driven by swagged guesses at life of the parts):

POS + Oil: $250 ($500 every two track days)
Pads: $200 ($1200 every six days)
Rotors: $150 ($3000 every 20 trackdays)
Tires: $300 ($1800 for six track days)
Trans fluids: $100 ($750 every 6-8 days)

So what's that? About $1000/day on top of track fees. Ouch.

-Chris

·
Registered
827 Posts
Great info !!!!!!

700 + for the front (2) tires, same price as tirerack

great !!!!

thks

ys

·
Vendor
1,293 Posts
Great info. Thanks very much.

On the Tranny stuff, you said "your choice" so I assume they did not recommend it based on computer data, correct?

After how many track days/miles do you think you will repeat this service?

I will prob do the trans fluids after my two-day track session this weekend (I am paranoid about , but thereafter I will only do it with they recommend (based on data logger of trans oil temps).

I am trying to get a rough sense of the per-track-day consumable cost of the car.

My current estimate (driven by swagged guesses at life of the parts):

POS + Oil: $250 ($500 every two track days)
Pads: $200 ($1200 every six days)
Rotors: $150 ($3000 every 20 trackdays)
Tires: $300 ($1800 for six track days)

So what's that? About $900/day on top of track fees. Ouch.

-Chris
From my exp:

Pads:
Pads were fine after 6 hours of track time. I would say they will last longer that 6 events.

Rotors:
I dont know, they look ok, and are 2 piece, so I dont see a problem unless they crack.

Oil / POS:
I have an oil chance after every even no matter what... This cost is in all cars I have tracked. The POS was something that I wanted, as I wanted to see if anything moved.

Tires:
I can see this car eating tires. I would say mine have 3 - 4 track days on em before they are toast. I would recommend everyone that wants to track it, for any car, to get an other set of wheels and track tires.

My tranny did get hot, and the tech thought it was a good idea to drain. I agreed. I am going to do a tranny cooler on the car ASAP.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Hey all

You have asked me to give you a break down of what I found post tracking. Here we go:

Post Track inspection - $300.00 (My choice)
Same as Performance Optimization Service
- Adjust clutch packs
- Tranny Relearn
- ECU reset
- Laser alignment
- Engine balance check
- Fluid checks

I had them do a full tranny flush (My Choice)

- Front and rear differentials - $179.00 Fluids
- Transmition - $560.00 Fluids

Oil Change (My choice)

- Oil Filter - $7.08
- Mobil 1 - $64.32

I then had them quote some parts:

Front Rotors - $1492.74 (2)
Front Pad kit - $489.00
Rear Pad Kit - $405.00
Front tires - $793.00 for a pair
Nitro fills are $25.00

That's all I had time to quote from them.
Great info! Thanks!!!

While not cheap maintenance, these prices are mostly lower than what I've heard being quoted previously. (for example, I was told each rotor was $1000 or so).

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
ScottGTR you seem to be enjoying the shit out of the car. Prices are lower than expected. Wow!! Look at the threads we have wasted debating this shit. lol
I respect you guys who are tracking the car, but I will use something else for that. This car is taking pride of place in the garage. After so much heartache and headache to get it not possible....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oil / POS:
I have an oil chance after every even no matter what... This cost is in all cars I have tracked. The POS was something that I wanted, as I wanted to see if anything moved.
Did you find out if anything moved? When I go to the track they require a mechanic to do a PRE-track safety inspection, so if nothing seems to change much, I was thinking I could just do a POS before tracking the car instead of afterwards.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Scotts-GTR....did you get a record of the variances since the last performance optimization. i.e. how much did alignment change, how unbalanced was the engine, etc? Do you have both reports, do you mind posting them?

One of the reasons Nissan is conservative with this car is that they don't know how much it is affected by tracking. If you find out variance we can know intrinsically how tough the car is wearing and how tough it really is.

Also, I would recommend you save a 3 oz sample of oils and send them to Blackstone labs in their free kits and for $22.50/test they can tell us exactly how each component is wearing. Basically an MRI for a car. See here. I have used these guys so much, so good.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
They are been concservative but not because they dont how it will be affected by tracking. Not after at one point, l;ogging more than 3,000 miles of almost continuous track driving as reported by the test team.....

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Great info. Keep us posted. I want to see if it averages out to $1000 per track day including tires and brakes and fluids after having done several track days. That would be uber expensive per track day. Hopefully it will end up being less.

By the way, I am curious to know what was your invoice total for all the fluid changes and POS combined?

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
a second set of tires and wheels is a must....

How hard is it for a tranny cooler? Doesn't Cobb have an additional cooler installed?

·
Vendor
1,293 Posts
Great info. Keep us posted. I want to see if it averages out to $1000 per track day including tires and brakes and fluids after having done several track days. That would be uber expensive per track day. Hopefully it will end up being less.

By the way, I am curious to know what was your invoice total for all the fluid changes and POS combined?
I think its a lot less than that, if you are not as anal as I am. Its hard to tell what the invoiced amount was, since the oil change was for free. I think it looks like this:

POS - 300
Oil Change - 83

383 bucks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts