Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is gunmetal, with a set of flat black G2 wheels. I currently have my whole engine getting redone and i want to send out the intake manifolds and valve covers and front engine covers to get powder coated. Just curious what color people think i should do.. I am kind of leaning just towards going black, flat or gloss, not sure yet, or possibly that wrinkle black if it can be done but i don't know how the engine would look all wrinkled up... any ideas would be cool.

Thanks

Mark

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
The following company has limited colors, but the coating adds some protection against heat etc:

http://nitroplate.com/

I've used them on a few build items well.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks eric for those shots.. that orange looks nice to... as a high lite color.. was thinking of doing the powder coat on my calipers and my lug nuts as well.. to follow a scheme i know I'm getting wrinkle black on the piping from got boost .. and i just grabbed an AMS intercooler, probably have the tops of the Tial BOV's done as well whatever color i decide.. almost thinking a baby blue kind of color might work well.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
photoshopped this quick

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not sure how i feel about it.. color will probably be more vibrant then that... but close

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pardon my really fast photoshop job lol.. but i figured an engine layout like this

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
If you are looking for a place to get it done, send them off to SP coating in TX. They do the best work imo. They did my engine bay and all the ceramic coatings.

http://www.spcoating.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.