Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
that is just a couple of pages and a few of those pages arnt relevant but the important one is the temps and it says the trans fluid has never been over 248F which is the threshold for having to change the fluids

Alignment is good but the rear camber was fairly out of whack before corrected

·
2015 BE Gun Metal Grey Stock
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MC thanks, so they fixed the alignment? per carfax the 1000 mile warranty was never done so does that mean when they did the PPI they fixed the alignment? Was what i posted the complete PPI? I thought there was something about the transmission fluid temperature that was supposed to be in there, or was it just the oil temps?

It is a BE 2015 with 3500 miles for 81'500 - which is the best deal i have seen in the last couple months so if this seems legit I am getting it - just want to make sure

Thanks

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
that temp frequency page is the trans oil temp. the engine oil doesnt have a page like that for some reason, it just has a peak temp and that page is missing. it should be fine though as if the trans oil wasnt that hot i doubt the engine would be. hottest ive ever had the trans fluid was like 233 or something and peak engine oil temp was 237( 230 is when you need to change every 3K miles) so they stay fairly close, but you might want to ask for it just for your purposes.

that isnt the whole thing as there are a bunch of pages possible as you can print out every step you do while you are in there. most of it is meaningless in the context of what you a potential owner would want to know as far as abuse ect. the temps are the only really useful one. there is also a page of errors like a clutch protection ect that would be useful too.

alignment was fixed yes as you see before and after specs.. the green indicates within spec the red out of spec. the -2.5 on the rear was a decent amount off but it happens. my recent alignment showed mine was a little screwy too. you wouldnt want to street drive the rear camber like that too long as it would wear quickly

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
One thing I've come to learn with GT-R alignment is that it's easy to get bumped out of spec. I had my alignment done a week ago and just had it redone yesterday because the tech didn't center the steering wheel correctly. He said when he hooked it back up to the alignment machine the front tow already was out of spec again no more than a week later! He said it could be due to the way my front tires have worn and they could be causing it to pull itself out of spec. Who knows.

I would recommend if you want to maximize tire life to get the alignment done every 6 months instead of waiting a full year. Of course this is if you plan on daily driving the car or putting decent amount of miles on it.

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
One thing I've come to learn with GT-R alignment is that it's easy to get bumped out of spec. I had my alignment done a week ago and just had it redone yesterday because the tech didn't center the steering wheel correctly. He said when he hooked it back up to the alignment machine the front tow already was out of spec again no more than a week later! He said it could be due to the way my front tires have worn and they could be causing it to pull itself out of spec. Who knows.

I would recommend if you want to maximize tire life to get the alignment done every 6 months instead of waiting a full year. Of course this is if you plan on daily driving the car or putting decent amount of miles on it.
yeah it will be off a hair from what it was set at by the time you get home more than likely. regardless by the specs we run around with daily is not what we left the dealer with . I always help the tech do the alignment on mine and you can watch the numbers bounce around in real time without even touching the car or just putting the tool on the bolts. one weird thing I thought I had an issue with is my caster ( non adjustable without a shim on the GTR) was off at my 1K check up. when I went back for my 1 year it was still off but by the time we got everything else speced up right it sort of magically went away. so not sure if it was a false reading or what.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Yeah all you can do is try to avoid potholes and major road bumps as much as possible. This was my before and after alignment when I took it in originally after my right front tire hitting a bigger than normal bump in the road. As you can see it clearly knocked the tow out of spec. Product Font Engineering Plan Parallel

Attachments

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
Yeah all you can do is try to avoid potholes and major road bumps as much as possible. This was my before and after alignment when I took it in originally after my right front tire hitting a bigger than normal bump in the road. As you can see it clearly knocked the tow out of spec. View attachment 153497
Yeah here was my most recent. We hit print screen before the caster issue went away after we locked everything down

Attachments

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Yeah here was my most recent. We hit print screen before the caster issue went away after we locked everything down
Dang the NISMO has some aggressive camber! It must turn on a dime!

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help. It will be a daily driver so it is good to know to get the alignment redone often - the roads in AZ are mostly very good so that should help with alignment issues, and the GT-R will help with passing all the retiree drivers

They are going to send me over the other two pages you said were missing MC, so I will post those when i get them tomorrow

T-Minus 8 days until it is home

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MC: Anything additional i should be concerned with on the additional fax they sent me for the PPI?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Was in the same situation, looked at a lot of PPI report before getting mine. They need to send you the clutch protection history.

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was in the same situation, looked at a lot of PPI report before getting mine. They need to send you the clutch protection history.
Do you have a copy of that page, what should it look like and what should I be looking for?

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was at a Nissan dealership, so we agreed to a price pending the PPI and they had their techs do the PPI. They sent over the report that I posted, so I got them to do it for free. I don't think that would work if it is not at a Nissan dealership. I called one Nissan dealer in Texas for a premium that was at a 3rd party dealership, and they said $300 for the PPI.

Maxikeem: What am I looking for on the clutch protection? What is considered good or bad?

I rarely if ever see a GT-R driving around, then yesterday I saw a blue GT-R on my way home from work.

Today I saw a gun metal grey on my way home from the gym...I live 1 mile from the gym and it was late...what are the odds.

The universe is saying thumbs up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts