Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I couldn't find the exact answers that I'm looking for, so here it goes any help is appreciated.

Fact: Bought the first GTR I ever drove 2009 with 29,000 miles from a dealership.

Fact: I've driven a lot of cars from Mustang Cobras, M3's, BRZs, to a Mazda 3, but this car drives so much more different (and no not just the speed).

Issue: Transmission is loud... you can hear the gears shift at slow speeds like a manual trans..

Issue: Weird shift points. a slow shift between 2nd and 3rd in Auto.

Issue: lots of road noise

I don"t know what constitutes as regular. Should I go get it inspected by Nissan or a GTR shop? I'd rather fix problems now rather than later.

Does anyone know good places around Tampa, FL?

·
Registered
233 Posts
The transmission is loud: is normal. You dont have to worry about it.
Road noise: is normal, if you change tires to non-running flat tires, it will be softer on the drive and smoother ( but GTR dont have a spare tire).
The shift... i dont know.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I've test drove 3 CBA recently. 2 of them made some slight noises at low speed/turning/shifting but one made absolutely no noise.

The one that made no noise was an 09 with 8800 miles. I have often been told GTR makes some weird noises and to get used to it but the 09 blew me away by how quiet and smooth it was.

What should I realistically be expecting from these cars noise and drive wise?

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Coming from any car other than a DCT and you will think there is something wrong. The CBA was/is a track car.

Excessive Trans noise is normal. Also likes to be in 6th at 45mph. There is a tcm tune for that. Road noise, especially with small stones, is normal because entire undercar has carbon paneling.

Clicking coming the front is usually the two piece rotors. Common problem they develop rust on back of rim and hub and squeak. Brakes in general squeal as well - switch pads to get them nice and hot and will not.

If an 09 made no noise, I’d be nervous. Lol just kidding but they all make noise unless the radio is blasting.

Radios kind of suck, poor imaging in the car, but you don’t buy this car for the stereo anyways.

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Also for what it is worth DBAs sound the same. Not sure about 17s but 13s sure do. 15s added active noise cancelling and more weight for sound deafening but sound the same. Lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.