Nissan GT-R Forum banner

PRE-OWNED 2012 PRICING

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  schrei 
#1 ·
Question for you guys.(and no I'm not trying to sell now or I would put it under "For Sale")Sometime before the release date of the 2013 is announced I am going sell my '12.
It's a black on black premium.If not for the odometer (6500) you would think it was new.Not a scratch.Never on a track,never launched, never dogged.I only drive it on weekends and short trips during the week.Back-up cam,GTR mats(kept covered with adhesive sheets),black Nissan GTR cover and garaged.As of today, according to Tech ,brake wear 5%,front tires-13%,rears 22%.Tech sees it every 1500 miles.-----------What do you guys think is a fair but smart price?

#4 ·
you guys are generous....not trying to rain on your parade but I would say closer to 80 and it may have a 79 at the beginning....with slight changes to the 2013 most buyers are gonna want to see a good deal to justify not buying a new car.....

These threads are kinda funny in a way (I know because I posted one for my Viper a couple of weeks ago)....they're funny in the respect that 99% of the people that give you their opinion have no interest in your car.....best of luck when and if you sell but it's a tough buyers market out there.....everyone wants it for nothing and used cars in our price range (being so close to buying new) are a very difficult sale.....like I said, I know first hand.....

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Actually the number I threw out is based on what I've seen sold on the boards lately. All 2012 GTRs around his mileage have sold for ~$80-$85k. Considering that the new models are coming out, I would still offer in the low 80s for his car.

You're comparing a Viper to a GTR. Two very different markets with different supply/demand. Don't get me wrong, I saw your ad and your Viper is niiiice but how can you use your experience with GTRs?

Michael

#5 ·
It depends .... If the MSRP for the 2013 is high, and the HP bump is only 20 or so, then mid 80's should be no problem. Especially if there isn't a flood of 2012's on the used market. Right now, 2012's are not that easy to find ..

You live in Islamorada?

#7 ·
you guys are generous....not trying to rain on your parade but I would say closer to 80 and it may have a 79 at the beginning....with slight changes to the 2013 most buyers are gonna want to see a good deal to justify not buying a new car.....

These threads are kinda funny in a way (I know because I posted one for my Viper a couple of weeks ago)....they're funny in the respect that 99% of the people that give you their opinion have no interest in your car.....best of luck when and if you sell but it's a tough buyers market out there.....everyone wants it for nothing and used cars in our price range (being so close to buying new) are a very difficult sale.....like I said, I know first hand.....

I agree 100%......with 6500 miles, low $80's at the most.

#12 ·
Well,I was hoping for a little over 85 but based on what I'm hearing that isn't going to happen.The only thing I've got going is that there are very few new in Atlanta and I have not seen a used one for sale.Dealers advertise that they have new ones but they are really at another dealer 2 states away.
But thanks for the responses.

#13 ·
I just flew from Tampa to Atlanta this past Saturday to buy a new 2012 at $1k over MSRP. Only reason I mention that is because I put the deposit on it about nine days prior about an hour after it came off the truck and when I picked it up, they said they had at least nine people try to buy it that week. So there is definitely demand for 2012's in your area, just not sure how that would translate to the used market. If you did want to sell it, now would probably be the opportune time when there is still going to be a while before anyone could get a 2013. Closer you get to those becoming available, less motivated people will be to pay a premium for a used car.

#14 ·
Where are you guys even finding used ones for sale? I haven't seen any.

#15 ·
Exactly .... And a new BE will cost you 96k . Low supply will drive the used price up.

#16 ·
I'll have mine in Athens this saturday. We are going to a botanical garden for a wedding. Will you be out and about after 4pm?

#22 ·
I'll let you guys know what I end up doing and if I do sell it what I end up getting.
I saw one comment which I agree with-"It's sure easy just to trade it".It will sure cost me several thousand plus if I do that.
My biggest problem is can I do without a GTR for what -4-5 months.That's gonna be rough.

#23 ·
By the way I was put in my place a few months ago about the release date of the 2013.From what I have read it will be introduced at the Tokyo Auto Show in Nov.
So what's the best guess on release date here in the US ?And how far before that can you actually order one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.