Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They're not track wheels. They're street wheels. So yeah, duh.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Slick Allstar
613 Posts
Street wheels can be light as well. Less rolling weight, better performance. So thanks for your insight.
Yes I agree they would be considerd heavy for racing standards, but these wheels kick ass in street appearances and just pure panty-dropping awesomeness. I would think anyone looking for less rolling weight and better performance wouldn't be looking to buy a set of 21 inch fat-lipped wheels. I have two other sets of track wheels (dry/wet) to avoid running my street wheel/tire combo.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Street wheels can be light as well. Less rolling weight, better performance. So thanks for your insight.
Yes you are right. But like Slick said, people interested in lighter wheels probably aren't looking for 21" deep concave. But it should be noted that I have run these at the drag strip and noticed zero decline in 1/4 mile times. They really do look amazing though and anyone who buys them will get a great deal on some beautiful wheels.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yes you are right. But like Slick said, people interested in lighter wheels probably aren't looking for 21" deep concave. But it should be noted that I have run these at the drag strip and noticed zero decline in 1/4 mile times. They really do look amazing though and anyone who buys them will get a great deal on some beautiful wheels.
Cool. They are definitely good looking wheels. Curious if somebody can put up more pics of them on a GT-R.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I bought them from Jason @ Boulder Nissan. Here are some photos of them on his car.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Here are some more photos of them on my car (prior to wrapping my car blue)

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Nice! What are you doing to your car?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Nice! What are you doing to your car?
It's going to be a little bit of a surprise... Build will start in March. Still some details to be addressed with regards to the engine, interior, exterior, etc. Theme is locked down. Once the build starts, I'll as well as the builder, will post updates.

Going to keep the 2014 SS BE stock for now (with future Mods to it minimal) and build the project off a donor car. Looking for a high mileage or salvage GT-R since be car will be gutted and built up.

As an aside, what bumper does that beautiful silver car have? I love the inlets for front brake cooling.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I honestly don't know. I guess he sold it a while back. I agree though the large open front looks really good.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Banned
616 Posts
I think it's either top racing, or top secret.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bump. Wheels still available!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.