Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Tokyo Nightmare
1,711 Posts
There are some aftermarket TPMS that would "clone" the current so no reprogramming is needed when you switch wheels.

I wished I knew about those prior to buying the OEM ones I have now!!

· I'm everywhere.
844 Posts
Fyi I bought the oem ones on ebay and they do not work on my car for some reason. Ive reset it with my Cobb AP and the Tpms light comes on about an hour later
You'll have to actually take the car to the dealer to have them married to your car, or search here how other members have done it themselves with TPMS reset tools. I paid $110 to marry a set of new TPMS with my new wheels.

· I'm everywhere.
844 Posts
So a simple Cobb reset wont work??
Nope. Members have tried clearing the TPMS through Cobb which will turn the light off at first but it'll pop right back on after a little drive, exactly what you're experiencing. Take it to the dealer or Discount Tire to have the TPMS re-calibrated.

· Registered
118 Posts
I would go OEM. If any problem I would be worried about taking on and off the tires which would be more possibility of getting the rims scratched. I had TPMS failed on my GT3RS which I recalled was $500 each or something so those ebay prices are really cheap for Nissan.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.