Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Nissan dealership near me wants $250 for 2 TPMS. Is this a valid price? Any other suggestions? Thanks

·
NAGTROC Photography
2,422 Posts
i found aftermarket ones on amazon that work fine for $35 each if that doesn't work^

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Great price

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
There are some aftermarket TPMS that would "clone" the current so no reprogramming is needed when you switch wheels.

I wished I knew about those prior to buying the OEM ones I have now!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Fyi I bought the oem ones on ebay and they do not work on my car for some reason. Ive reset it with my Cobb AP and the Tpms light comes on about an hour later

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
Fyi I bought the oem ones on ebay and they do not work on my car for some reason. Ive reset it with my Cobb AP and the Tpms light comes on about an hour later
You'll have to actually take the car to the dealer to have them married to your car, or search here how other members have done it themselves with TPMS reset tools. I paid $110 to marry a set of new TPMS with my new wheels.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You'll have to actually take the car to the dealer to have them married to your car, or search here how other members have done it themselves with TPMS reset tools. I paid $110 to marry a set of new TPMS with my new wheels.
So a simple Cobb reset wont work??

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
So a simple Cobb reset wont work??
Nope. Members have tried clearing the TPMS through Cobb which will turn the light off at first but it'll pop right back on after a little drive, exactly what you're experiencing. Take it to the dealer or Discount Tire to have the TPMS re-calibrated.

·
Registered
656 Posts
+1 discount tire can do this in 5 min. Forget about stealership

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would go OEM. If any problem I would be worried about taking on and off the tires which would be more possibility of getting the rims scratched. I had TPMS failed on my GT3RS which I recalled was $500 each or something so those ebay prices are really cheap for Nissan.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anybody know if those on e-bay would work on the 2012? Just wondering since the guy on e-bay told me "If the part is 40700-JA00C, it will work, otherwise, it won't". In fact does the 2012 TPMS are part 40700-JA00C?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
my car is a 2012....yes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts