Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,849 Posts
I purchased a pair of control arms off the forum from a member. I knew these particular control arms had some problems, and I talked to the owner and he said there was only 600 miles on them. Low and behold after I have a shop install and align my car they clunk/knock immediately like other members that posted videos. I have been communicating with the seller, but it seems to be a stale mate when he drops sentences like "no guarantees expressed in the for sale ad", and that he's discounted it two hundred dollars so it's fine and that I will pay to uninstall it and send it back to him ($195) for a full refund, but he says since it's installed he can't do anything which is weird since it's a used part.

He states he never said the product was knocking and perfect and that since he's never used it I took a gamble on it.

What do you guys think I should do or your thoughts on the situation?

· Registered
478 Posts
Yea. Front two heim joints. Seems like a huge hassle. Live in a place with no shop had to drive 2 hours.
Fairly easy to fix yourself if you are mechanically inclined. Assuming they are Dodson arms, they will sell you replacement joints all put together that you just need to screw in (After carefully noting how far in the old ones are).

Regardless, these type of arms will wear over time and will need service eventually.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.