Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Greyzilla activist
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that Ptuning produced a tow hook camera mount of the GoPro and I contacted them to see if they had one for the GTR as they posted it in the BRZ forum. They did not at the time, but they were kind enough to make a prototype of me and I tested it this past weekend at Laguna seca.

Fitment- Spot on, my only complaint is that the thread that goes into the bumper is a bit tight. It is the correct size (24mm), but its a little tight. They said they will correct it in the final production model

Tow hook- very functional

Camera mount- AWESOME fitment. works well and never loosed even up to 130mph as the track

Overall, I would highly recommend this product

Here is a video from the camera

Attachments

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
great idea! Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I am so down for this

Thanks for testing it out and please let us know when it'll be available.

Is this a totally new tow hook? Or does it attach to most aftermarket ones?

·
Greyzilla activist
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil,

I have no idea whether it wil fit other aftermarket ones. They sell car specific tow mounts and the accessories such as tow hook, camera mounts and license plate holder are all universal. I am not sure if other after market tow hooks will mate up with their tow bolt? You can contact them at ptuning.com. They have been extremely helpful. I decided to order it on Saturday before my track date and they fab it up and sent it to my the following thursday and I was using it at Laguna Seca on Saturday. Good support!

·
Registered
838 Posts
What year is your car? I had the same issue with stripping my threads on my 13. It needs to be corrected for 09-11 and 12-13. I am SO down for this! Can you get me a contact so I can call and order one or at the very least a tow hook?

·
Greyzilla activist
392 Posts
http://www.ptuning.com/

I don't work for them, just a consumer who found a good product. They deserve all the props.
They said I got a prototype and the real deal should be out in the next few weeks. I needed it ASAP due to a track event.
I just called their office and asked about the GTR tow hook. I don't remember who I spoke with.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I just called Patrick and they are seeing about a time frame for this to come out. I will update once I know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just called Patrick and they are seeing about a time frame for this to come out. I will update once I know.
We just order the oem 2013 GTR tow hook bolt and the threads are identically to the 2010 GTR. The 2013 oem tow hook replaces the part# for the 2010-2011 tow bolt, so i'm not sure what you mean by the threads are different. If anything, i think the overall length of the oem tow hook bolt may have change. Can anyone get me a measurement of the overall length of the 2010-2011 tow hook? The 2013 oem tow hook is 8 1/8" overall length. Thanks.

MrC

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
MrC, the thread is the same, but you need a longer tow hook for the 2012+ GT-Rs since the bumper extends a little further out.

We've seen this with the Stillen front license plate bracket where we've had to put washers, etc. that extend it out by at least an inch and a half.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MrC, the thread is the same, but you need a longer tow hook for the 2012+ GT-Rs since the bumper extends a little further out.

We've seen this with the Stillen front license plate bracket where we've had to put washers, etc. that extend it out by at least an inch and a half.

Thanks.
Thanks for the info Phil. That's what i suspected was the case for nissan coming out with a new part number for the bolt. the 370Z tow bolt we made is about 1" longer what the '10-'11 GTR needs to be. So we are making one 1" shorter than the 370z to fit the '10-'11 GTR. Now if you say the '12-'13 needs to be about 1.5" longer than the '10 GTR than the 370z bolt we have might be the right length. I will see if i can test fit one at the dealership
So we will probably have a kit for the '10-'11 and another one for the '12+.

MrC

·
Registered
838 Posts
Guys, I took a picture of my 2013 against goonthree's 2010 tow hook. They look the same but they fit different.

Product Gesture Finger Material property Font

My 2013 is the one I am pointing to.

Hand Leg Tool Gesture Automotive lighting

Household hardware Nickel Gesture Auto part Automotive tire

Tool Bicycle part Nickel Automotive lighting Gas

Hopefully we will get this fixed. His 2010 was hard to put in my 2013 car. My 2013 tow hook works and fits but maybe my home is stripped.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Thanks for the info Phil. That's what i suspected was the case for nissan coming out with a new part number for the bolt. the 370Z tow bolt we made is about 1" longer what the '10-'11 GTR needs to be. So we are making one 1" shorter than the 370z to fit the '10-'11 GTR. Now if you say the '12-'13 needs to be about 1.5" longer than the '10 GTR than the 370z bolt we have might be the right length. I will see if i can test fit one at the dealership
So we will probably have a kit for the '10-'11 and another one for the '12+.

MrC
Awesome, thanks! Please let us know, I'd love to get my hands on one soon as I have a couple track days coming up.

·
Greyzilla activist
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wilson
I have a prototype for 8-11
Looks like they are making one for 12+
Final product should be out soon
It is an awesome product and works well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are the kits out yet? Or should I just buy a 370Z kit for my DBA?
Sorry for the delayed response. We are getting the tow bolts in within a week or so and should be able to send out the production kit then. I will post an update once we have the kit ready to ship. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts