Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been thinking about buying a used GTR for almost 2 year now and finally decided to go for it.

Now I have two options available and just wanted to get your opinion and inputs before making the move.

Option 1:

2013 Midnight opal GTR (Black Interior):

-Stock

-Has the 2015 headlights and taillights

-28k miles

-Dry carbon fiber spoiler

-Nismo cluster

-Price 66.7k

Option 2:

2014 Silver GTR Premium (Red interior)

-AAM competition 90mm Adjustable exhaust

-Has 14.3k Miles on it.

-Price 62.7k

I'm not planning to go for +600hp at the moment, Just an exhaust would be enough for me.

Also, please note that Nissan only made 115 Midnight opal GTRs worldwide and this one is the only one in Saudi Arabia (where I currently work).

What do you think?

Your inputs is highly appreciate it.

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,547 Posts
Opal.... :) but I might be a tad bias.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Opal only came in 2014,
Nissan has unveiled a new special edition GT-R sports car that will be limited to just 100 units for worldwide consumption. The new special edition is the 2014 Nissan GT-R Midnight Opal, which derives its name from the unique Midnight Opal color scheme applied to its exterior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opal only came in 2014,Nissan has unveiled a new special edition GT-R sports car that will be limited to just 100 units for worldwide consumption. The new special edition is the 2014 Nissan GT-R Midnight Opal, which derives its name from the unique Midnight Opal color scheme applied to its exterior.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It came as a 2013 model in the Middle East

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you like the Opal, buy it. But, when you want to sell it, you may wait a while. I don't know what the demand will be, or if there will be any additional value for a small number of that color. I've seen one on here for sale for a long time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you like the Opal, buy it. But, when you want to sell it, you may wait a while. I don't know what the demand will be, or if there will be any additional value for a small number of that color. I've seen one on here for sale for a long time.
Why do you think it will take a while for selling? is it because its an opal or the demand is low for GTRs in general?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, What do you think about the prices?

·
Registered
579 Posts
GO OPAL! =)

Honestly I'd just get the color combo you like and your preference regarding the CF spoiler.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Why do you think it will take a while for selling? is it because its an opal or the demand is low for GTRs in general?
Maybe I just don't care for that color, but it's a low production color, which can be a blessing or a curse. I don't know what the demand for the Opal color is. It seems people like other colors more, or it could be that there are just a lot more other colors available.

If you like the Opal, go for it.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The newer cheaper one. i used to say that I'd buy any color GTR BUT silver, now I'm in a silver 2013 and it looks amazing in person with the BE wheels when clean. Will look better once I get my carbon pieces in.

Not quite as good looking as my white one did, but better than the black one I had. You also get the choice of that kickass red interior- that's a no brainer for me. The Opal doesn't retain value...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Option 2 without a doubt. I don't even like silver but the red interior would look nice, and it's at a decent price.

I had a 2014 black edition with 30k miles with exhaust,mid,intakes and some carbon parts for 59 that had to go back to the dealer local to me. Is Opal worth 6k to you?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thought Opal was only for 2014? I dig the Opal color and the 2015 headlights and tailights, don't care about the other stuff. But you could also add the headlights and taillights to the other one. If its a daily driver, paint touch ups on the Opal are going to be a pain in the future.

For what the cars are now, I would go for the silver one with lower mileage. The exhaust is a minor mod easily reversible if needed. Silver was one of the last colors on my list, but grew to love it, especially up close in the sun when the light hits it since there seems to be a lot more flakes than normal. I also care about value and the silver is a better bang for your buck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I will try to get a better price for the opal (Im thinking about 64k).

The price for the 14 silver gone down already to 61.3k

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you everyone, I will be driving my midnight Opal in two days:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts