Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was curious about this Stillen Skid Plate (front lip protector). As I was driving, i scrapped the front lip even though it's very light and can't really tell. For those of you who has this lip installed, does it really work? what's the pro and con? I was thinking to put this on, but doesn't it make it even a little lower?

thank you everyone.

·
Zero Dark Dirty
89 Posts
I just had mine installed a few days ago. I also have very minor scrapes. I wish I had put it on before the scrapes. The plate is a little less than a 1/4 inch and is lower to the ground. The plate is cheaper than replacing front lip. If you ever sell you can just remove the plate and have a good looking front lip.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just had mine installed a few days ago. I also have very minor scrapes. I wish I had put it on before the scrapes. The plate is a little less than a 1/4 inch and is lower to the ground. The plate is cheaper than replacing front lip. If you ever sell you can just remove the plate and have a good looking front lip.
But won't there be holes on the lips when the skid plate is removed?

I haven't decided if I will be getting one, because it seems to ironic to do so.

I wanted the skid plate to "protect" the lips, but in order to install, I need to damage the lip (screws)?? hmmm...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I installed the skid plate and I'm glad I did, as my front lip would be pretty beat up if I hadn't. Some think the plate is too pricey but for me it made sense as I don't want to be repainting the front lip every so often.

·
Zero Dark Dirty
89 Posts
But won't there be holes on the lips when the skid plate is removed?

I haven't decided if I will be getting one, because it seems to ironic to do so.

I wanted the skid plate to "protect" the lips, but in order to install, I need to damage the lip (screws)?? hmmm...
Tru... but they can be plugged with little plastic fasteners... just trim, glue and push in... thats what i would do if i ever lost my mind and sold my car!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thank you for you suggestion. It does make sense for the price. Here is the thing though, from underneath, it might protect the lip. But doesn't seem like it will protect from the front. Example if you're going to park, and those sidewalk pretty high. Do you have problem parking your car? I am just over protective, I guess.

yup, that's exactly why I am still not 100% sure.

I don't think anything is going to protect from parking too close to a curb...to help with that I installed a front camera at the same time we did my rear camera

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Absolutely perfect mod; no better way to protect your front lip, especially if you are low like me! Well-worth the money!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I installed myself, works great and doesn't lower it by that much. A must have for all GT-Rs

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I love my Stillen front skid plate! It "skids" across the ground like a puck on ice rather than how the plastic on the OEM front lip grabs the asphalt when it starts skidding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts