Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont notice any difference in my 2012 auto shifting when in r mode vs std. i have pkd in a porsche and a tiptronic in an audi and theres a big difference when in sport mode ie. only upshifts close to redline, downshifts when lift, etc. gtr doesnt do any of that. economy mode is noticable though

i had it on 4 track days and it would go into 6th when not even close to redline in 5th yet and wouldnt downshift when i lifted for turns, etc. had to switch to manual mode where it worked great. and launch control works well so i doubt theres a mech problem.

anyone else notice this or is it just me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
With subdued street driving the difference is subtle but when I get on it I can really see the difference in shift points. It's much faster to downshift when you throw extra throttle at it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Exactly , it will hold in low gears in automated mode while your not fully lifting the throttle .. I can do a full canyon run in auto with almos no difference between the shifting points than in manual mode ..

Something you have to do thought is go in race mode and then manual mode for about 20
Min with keeping your rpm high in lower gear ( more sporty driving style ) then go in auto mode and you will see it will have learned your shifting styles ..

But honestly , il already pissed off I don't have a clutch ( made me buy an m3 just because of that last week actually
) that I keep it in manual mode for any performance driving .

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
With subdued street driving the difference is subtle but when I get on it I can really see the difference in shift points. It's much faster to downshift when you throw extra throttle at it.
Agreed and on the track I'm always in Manual mode so can't comment on that.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Exactly , it will hold in low gears in automated mode while your not fully lifting the throttle .. I can do a full canyon run in auto with almos no difference between the shifting points than in manual mode ..

Something you have to do thought is go in race mode and then manual mode for about 20
Min with keeping your rpm high in lower gear ( more sporty driving style ) then go in auto mode and you will see it will have learned your shifting styles ..

But honestly , il already pissed off I don't have a clutch ( made me buy an m3 just because of that last week actually
) that I keep it in manual mode for any performance driving .
20 minutes?

You can get it in track mode in one corner. I've done this by accident, in fact.

If you brake hard, turn the corner, and come out on throttle (as you would on track), you will notice a difference.

(you'll notice a different in normal as well - but it's pronounced in 'R' mode)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts