Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
So no Nur or SpecV II for production year 1999?
No. The Vspec II started in 2000. The Nurs were only 2002.

http://www.gtrusablo...production.html

I know Mr. Tamura pretty well. He was the product planner on the R34 GT-R. He is over in the US about every 6 months as he works in the planning department. He is a nice guy to know when I have any R34 GT-R questions. He just stopped by STILLEN a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I thought there were 20 Z-tunes made, not 10? 19 of them being silver and one of them being midnight purple III.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I thought there were 20 Z-tunes made, not 10? 19 of them being silver and one of them being midnight purple III.
That just reads wrong. 10 models not 10 cars Sorry. I meant there were 10 models. Early, Late, Vspec, Vspec N1, Vspec II , Vspec II N1, Vspec II Nur, Mspec, Mspec Nur, and Z-Tune

I don't know all the colors of the cars, but I know the right guy to ask at Nismo.

·
23GTR.se
740 Posts
Did Nismo actually manage to sell 20 Z-tunes? The reason I´m asking is that on Nismos Z-tune Japanese website it doesn´t say that it´s sold out. And that´s long after they changed the English version.

The Japanese version: http://www.nismo.co....e/contents.html
And the English one: http://www.nismo.co....contents_e.html

With this text found on the English "Info"-page:

SOLD OUT
Scheduled Quantity of Z-tune to Non-Japan Market is All Sold Out.
Thank You for Your Interest!

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure if they sold all 20. I have seen one car in Australia. Seen one car in Europe. I was offered a car before. Had one other customer looking for a Z-Tune, and I found a couple. I never asked Nismo if they could/would supply another one.

I have seen some pictures with two or three together in Japan.

With most special editions, they plan for xx, and they actually sell x. Like the HKS Zero-R. The 400R. I could piece together the VIN's given enough time to look at old emails, and info.

·
23GTR.se
740 Posts
I am not sure if they sold all 20. I have seen one car in Australia. Seen one car in Europe. I was offered a car before. Had one other customer looking for a Z-Tune, and I found a couple. I never asked Nismo if they could/would supply another one.

I have seen some pictures with two or three together in Japan.

With most special editions, they plan for xx, and they actually sell x. Like the HKS Zero-R. The 400R. I could piece together the VIN's given enough time to look at old emails, and info.
There were two in Australia or if it was one there and one in New Zeeland. I remember because one of them had a huge sound system in the boot and the other didn´t. The one in Europe is in Cyprus IIRC. It´s owned by "Rain" on the UK GT-R forum.

Don´t think there are any more outside Japan.

Would be interesting to see what Nismo said if they were asked to supply another car...

·
Go faster
99 Posts
So, what's the difference in terms of stock vs V spec vs V spec II?

Seems like the engine power, components are the same. Was there just better handling in the different variants?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
So, what's the difference in terms of stock vs V spec vs V spec II?

Seems like the engine power, components are the same. Was there just better handling in the different variants?
The main difference in regular and vspec/vspec II were suspension, and the electronically controlled lockup of the rear diff. ATTESA ETS-Pro. Carbon fiber rear diffuser.

Different between Vspec and VspecII was the carbon fiber hood.

There are some other minor aesthetic things, but nothing huge. When I was at Motorex, I got to drive new R34, new Vspec II, new Vspec II Nur. Even a new R33 GT-R, one of the last few built.

The Nur had some special sauce.

·
Go faster
99 Posts
I know about the Nur indeed.

It's hard to understand why the V spec vs regular GTR (for example) has such a huge difference in price. ATESSA Pro is fine but a 1.5 way would serve me just as well on the track. (Yes, I'm looking for a R34 for future import)

Sean, do you have a chart or some link to side-by-side comparisons of the variants?

·
23GTR.se
740 Posts
The price difference between the regular GT-R and the V-spec is def. worth paying for. If you don´t include the Nur, it´s the biggest difference between those two variants.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know about the Nur indeed.

It's hard to understand why the V spec vs regular GTR (for example) has such a huge difference in price. ATESSA Pro is fine but a 1.5 way would serve me just as well on the track. (Yes, I'm looking for a R34 for future import)

Sean, do you have a chart or some link to side-by-side comparisons of the variants?
I don't think I have a chart. I might though. I stated most of the differences. Suspension, ETS-Pro. Carbon diffuser. Couple more items in the display 5 vs 7 I think.

You will find a lot more Vspecs than regular GT-R's. In the used market the price is pretty close.

I suppose one day I will fill this page in some more.

http://sites.google.com/site/tyndago/vspec

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sucks they're illegal in the states.
Its not really that they are illegal, they just never were produced to meet US DOT and EPA requirements. In a few years the R32s will be OK to import, a few more after that the R33, and then by 2024 the R34's will be OK.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The price difference between the regular GT-R and the V-spec is def. worth paying for. If you don´t include the Nur, it´s the biggest difference between those two variants.
Hi I owned a 33 non vspec and at the same time my brother owned a 33 vspec. The difference was huge. His car has heaps more traction at the rear. I actually preferred my car as I like to drive sieways at times.

I'm from Australia and have owned 2 R33s, my bro owned 2 R33s and a 34. I now own a 35.

Nismo stopped selling the Z tune as they couldn't find the last car/s needed with sufficiently low klms and condition to satisfy themselves to refit to become a Z tune.
They actually bought second hand cars and did a complete refit and then sold them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.