Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
25,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the latest issue of Best Car Japan. The Magazine is out with few new speculative renders and a blurb about an interesting direction for the R36. The source claims the GTR will switch to a 48 volt Mild hybrid system that is mainly directed toward noise reduction and fuel economy so the car and continue to be sold inside of Japan. so if this is true its more of a stop gap to continue production in this form
This is the same source that has talked about a final edition R35 GTR . limited to 20 cars and using the GTR50 engine.

Original Translation:

【スクープ】GT-RにマイルドHVあり!? 知りたい情報を全部載せ!! |ベストカー3月10日号 - 自動車情報誌「ベストカー」
There is a high possibility that the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) regulation can be cleared by pure EVs such as the Leaf, and e-POWER vehicles that are planning to expand the vehicle lineup as a starting point for electrification. Since it is difficult to clear the noise regulations that will be tightened after 2021, it will be difficult to continue production of the current system GT-R after 2022.
22.jpg

post-1578-0-57550900-1613453526.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
10,314 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
That render is freaking awful. 992 Turbo S, GT3 or R8 Performance here I come. If this is what we have to look forward to, then I will keep my current NISMO and call it a day for future new GT-R purchases. GT-R is way behind in the performance department and, at this point, the only reason to get one is you really are a fan of the car and just want it or you want it because of the ease of modding it into a usable very very fast car. New NISMO prices are just stupid and this comes from someone who bought his new a couple of years ago (although I did get it heavily discounted).

I have really enjoyed the GT-Rs but Nissan has let this car die on the vine similar to what Honda did with the first gen NSX. Kept it around forever, didn't improve it markedly from a performance standpoint and watched everyone catch up then pass it. They could have easily upped the power, improved the brakes and tires, and strengthened the transmission to account for more torque. This would have kept the car more relevant for longer and come closer to justifying the price increases.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The current trend of blacking out the C pillar make this rendering look too much like the new Camry - not a fan. Production should end with where the car is at since its not a cash cow for Nissan and they sell very few. Let the legend move on as with all the great 90's cars (Z32, Supra, RX-7, 3000GT). IF and when they can move forward with the next halo car, they can revive the brand, but stop wasting resources holding on to the current version.

·
Super Moderator
9,342 Posts
In the latest issue of Best Car Japan. The Magazine is out with few new speculative renders and a blurb about an interesting direction for the R36. The source claims the GTR will switch to a 48 volt Mild hybrid system that is mainly directed toward noise reduction and fuel economy so the car and continue to be sold inside of Japan. so if this is true its more of a stop gap to continue production in this form
This is the same source that has talked about a final edition R35 GTR . limited to 20 cars and using the GTR50 engine.

Original Translation:

https://bestcarweb.jp/backnumber/244909

22.jpg

post-1578-0-57550900-1613453526.jpg
The front I could live with, the back not so much.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
On second look, quick glance front looks like a sleepy Bassett Hound.

·
Founder/Admin
25,834 Posts
I think there is a lot of artistic liberty going on here. the headlights do remind me of the new design language nissan is using on the rogue pathfinder aria ect ect. so I see why they did that. dont think the iconic tail lights would ever be interrupted by some crossbar looking thing like that.

the car has a whole looks like one of those cars from open world video games like watchdogs or GTA that doesnt have official car licenses so it took like some camaro and some GTR and made it close but not too close to get sued

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
Doubt it the base model C8 is tipping 110k. The whole $59,995 is bogus on an ordered car.

My buddy ordered a $120k+ convertible. I was like dude it’s a base vette - like wtf.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
I know, those are all 1LT, I just sent my son a 2LT.

Look at the 3LT and Z51 packages - be ready to say “oh hell no”

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
My C8 coupe allocation should have me at a May or June delivery. Even with price increases for the '21 MY, you can still buy a C8 in the $70K range. Mine will be closer to $85, but that's because I went 3LT interior, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Performance Exhaust, and some CF interior and exterior options. Pretty loaded, but no where near $100K or over. Those are dealer markups and private buyers that have been flipping their C8's.

·
Founder/Admin
25,834 Posts
more info from best car japan. more of the same about the mild hybrid but it lays out a supposed time frame for the car and an indication of new body panels. underlying car will remain a R35

translated

R35 GT-R is equipped with a mild hybrid with a big minor change!

The GT-R made its debut in 2007, more than 10 years ago, but after that, it has undergone many improvements and is still as fast as the world's strongest players.

However, it is still difficult to continue selling the GT-R as it is.

Nissan is expected to be able to meet the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) because it can prepare many electric vehicles, but there are also noise regulations that will be tightened after 2021. There were rumors that the R35 GT-R would end in 2022.

Because the basic design is good, the GT-R still retains its fighting power and charm. Some modifications are needed to the current 3.8L V6 twin-turbo system to continue.

That's where the 48V mild hybrid came to the fore.

The A-pillar and roofline are the same as the current model, but the impression of the front where not only the bumper but also the fender has been modified is significantly different from the current model (the image is the predicted CG by the best car editorial department)

Since the R35 GT-R has been aiming for the ultimate since its birth, it is difficult to make major improvements to the mechanical parts. It can be said that there is little room for improvement. That is why it is a mild hybrid.

The starter is directly connected to the engine as a high-power motor shared by the alternator, so-called "ISG", which supports the start when the resistance to start moving is large.

The output of the ISG motor is estimated to be about 20kW (about 27ps) and 250Nm (25.5kgm), but with the adoption of the 48V system, the motor assist will be at a level that can be experienced. Of course, fuel efficiency is also improved.

When is your debut?

According to the information currently available, the GT-R with the current pure gasoline engine will be replaced in 2022 when the sale ends. It will be sold for the next two years, and the GT-R will end in 2024.

I would like to expect the GT-R, which has a fresh look similar to that of a full model change, with the outer panel of the body also modified, and wait for its appearance.

For the pure internal combustion engine group, we recommend one special model that will appear next year prior to the appearance of this mild hybrid GT-R.

Although the GT-R's history is still going on, the model will appear under the name of "Final Edition", but the attention is on the engine.

It is a special made hand-assembled based on the GT3 machine, and the maximum output is said to be 720ps.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts