Nissan GT-R Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I merged the threads because this is one big version of the telephone game. one magazine ( Best Car) puts this out then every car site writes a story for clicks with their own spin to it.

Not much new info here other than best car states there will be a mild hybrid to get around the 2022 noise regulations in Japan. then they also state the R36 will initially be a non hybrid ICE so I think they both made and hedged their bets in the same article lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
I for one would be in for an all IC R36. I have absolutely no desire or use for a hybrid GT-R. If the current NSX hybrid tech is anything to gauge by, I'm not impressed.

Of course, there would have to be a good power bump (not tweaking the current engine +100hp out of the factory is inexcusable at this point), it shouldn't get heavier, and they'd have to nail the styling.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
from Autocar

The introduction of the next- generation ‘R36’ model is unlikely to bring much in the way of significant technical overhaul –although the introduction of a new platform could see it adopt a degree of electrification.

Speaking to Autocar about the future of the super sports car, Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida recently said: "We are looking at how we can do it electrified. It’s something that’s a really professional sports vehicle with no compromise. The Z is for someone like me who enjoys sports cars. The GT-R is a professional machine and we need to work it out for the future.”

He echoed earlier comments from Nissan design boss Alfonso Albaisa, who told Autocar in 2018 – when development work had already begun - that the ultimate priority is for the R36 to be “the fastest super-sports car in the world”.

He elaborated that this title could still theoretically be achieved without a hybrid system: “Whether we go to a lot of electrification or none at all, we can achieve a lot power-wise. But we’re definitely making a new platform, and our goal is clear: the GT-R has to be the quickest car of its kind. It has to own the track. And it has to play the advanced technology game. But that doesn’t mean it has to be electric.”

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,963 Posts
And their last sentence says it all… lol

Reactions: MarcoThreeFive

·
Registered
2022 Mexico Blue M4 Comp xDrive
340 Posts
from Autocar

The introduction of the next- generation ‘R36’ model is unlikely to bring much in the way of significant technical overhaul –although the introduction of a new platform could see it adopt a degree of electrification.

Speaking to Autocar about the future of the super sports car, Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida recently said: "We are looking at how we can do it electrified. It’s something that’s a really professional sports vehicle with no compromise. The Z is for someone like me who enjoys sports cars. The GT-R is a professional machine and we need to work it out for the future.”

He echoed earlier comments from Nissan design boss Alfonso Albaisa, who told Autocar in 2018 – when development work had already begun - that the ultimate priority is for the R36 to be “the fastest super-sports car in the world”.

He elaborated that this title could still theoretically be achieved without a hybrid system: “Whether we go to a lot of electrification or none at all, we can achieve a lot power-wise. But we’re definitely making a new platform, and our goal is clear: the GT-R has to be the quickest car of its kind. It has to own the track. And it has to play the advanced technology game. But that doesn’t mean it has to be electric.”
Got the above info today as part of my daily news flash on my phone. Came here to see if there was more than the article disclosed, but it seems that Nissan is keeping this one behind curtains until they officially release the R36, which sounds like it WILL happen.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I wonder if we will get any hint at all here or if this will be geared toward electric people movers

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Means a whole bunch more limited editions from the marketing teams. Someone has to want a red car with stripes and a complete blue interior, or a yellow with red interior lol.

For the R36 I’d guess it’s still 3+ years out and will be electric. Who knows could be a decade out and they just use the Z as the middle of the road sports car.

Shame because the Tesla roadster will probably be out and will crush it. The two door Taycan with another 3-400 hp out if the motors is pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You are right and now they are killing the combustion engines.

Nissan Ending Development Of Combustion Engines, Except In USA: Report
Instead, the company will invest heavily in EV development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
You are right and now they are killing the combustion engines.]
Hydrogen might be an exception, but too many infrastructure problems for that.

Alexd

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Still waiting for Mr. Fusion...

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

Solid-state batteries are seen as the next breakthrough in EV development and a veritable game-changer. Compared to the current crop of lithium-ion batteries, the new type can be charged quicker and stores considerably more energy. A higher density is crucial when it comes to extra weight as automakers won't have to add bulky batteries to give the car a decent range.

With weight being the enemy of performance, there's a lot of untapped potential for a go-faster EV that isn't too bulky. While the new Z is just about to come out with a twin-turbo V6, Nissan is thinking ahead and daydreaming of an electric sports car. Speaking with Autocar, the company's senior VP chief planning officer for the AMIEO region, expressed his interest in an exciting car without an internal combustion engine.

François Bailly admitted he "would love have an EV sports car, but we need to organize. We're not ready to announce the sequence, but it's clearly on the table." In other words, such a car is being considered, but there are bigger fish to fry. He was talking about the Micra supermini replacement going electric and the next-gen Leaf being turned into a crossover.

Then there's the issue with solid-state batteries as they're not feasible for mass production. Nissan recently announced it built a prototype, but a production car won't hit the streets until 2028. However, it seems unlikely the first one to utilize the hugely promising battery tech will be a sports car. Toyota is expected to be the first to launch a car with solid-state batteries, promising to introduce a hybrid by 2025.

As to which shape an exciting EV would take, François Bailly told Autocar there are internal discussions about an electric GT-R: "In the end, it will be a prioritization so, yes, we're looking at it. We're all car people, right?" While a Godzilla with solid-state batteries is a definite maybe, Nissan has been awfully quiet about what comes after the R35. The current gen is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2022, so a replacement can't come soon enough.

In the meantime, Nissan showed the Max-Out concept a few months ago as an all-wheel-drive electric roadster with two seats and ultra-lightweight construction. Pictured here, the EV looked neat, but we wouldn't hold our breath for a production version coming in the foreseeable future.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

The development of the next GT-R is in progress.
There was a rumor that the engine, platform, etc. will remain the current R35 type, but the interior and exterior will be changed to make it a mild hybrid temporarily, but the latest information is that it will remain a gasoline turbo.
There was speculation that the GT-R would be discontinued due to the inability to comply with the noise regulations that will be tightened from this fall, but that is not the case.
It may disappear temporarily, but it will continue to be sold without losing its appeal.
Certainly there is noise regulation, but according to one development engineer, "It is possible to throttle the throttle for a moment only in the area corresponding to the measurement point and mute the sound."
Of course, the control is so unnoticed by the driver that many cars already have the device.
What is worrisome is how new it will be, but in that regard, the new Z is a good example.
Although it is essentially a skin change, the interior and exterior, as well as the engine and suspension, have all been redesigned to express newness.
The GT-R will also appeal the "new model" with this method.

The V6, 3.8L twin turbo, which still maintains the highest level in the world, has been powered up to 600ps, which is the same as the standard grade of NISMO (current model is 570ps).
If you make a Nismo version, of course, it will have specs that exceed 600ps.
The interior has also been redesigned. Introducing the latest model of the center screen, including the latest LCD meter panel like the new Z.
The seats and door trims are also equipped with sporty and high-quality items.
There is no clear information about the time of appearance, but I would like to expect it to be around next spring to summer next year.
There is no doubt that it will be popular only with the GT-R, which is the last pure engine car.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,963 Posts
So the GTR wants to be a Mustang now lol 😂

81 - 100 of 100 Posts