Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys got offer a race, 5 cars from the back to the 1/4 mile against a bike gxsr 1000 2008 exhuast only trap 10.5 @ 135.
i'm traping 10.7 @ 127
when i get 2 feet from the back wheel then and only then he will take off on the bike.
Can i win this race 5G On the line?
what do u think easy race or what?

video coming soon.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Your car and when I had the Switzer P600 package on my car are very close performance wise - although I have trapped at 129 MPH.
It is my experience that a liter bike is out of that performace levels reach 8 times out of ten with a good rider.

That said, with a lead;

It all depends on how good the rider is and how well he can get traction (launch) and then quickly on full gas.
Liter bikes can be good for high 9's, low low 10's depending on what kind of launch they get. The 135 MPH trap is also good for a low 10 - I've seen liter bikes trap 140+.
An eight MPH+ difference is alot of pull in the mid-top end. My experience is that a full tenth difference is a about a car length.
If you are routinely putting down 10.7's - I would feel more confident, but if you are averaging 11.0's, - it's unlikely - or you had better make quite a lead, plus the rider would have to fail completely.

If you're not worried about the money and it excites you - good luck - I'm interested to see the video...

Cheers!

Edit: win or lose it's a cool story...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
It will be close...

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you want a good race PM me. This is pretty crazy but 09 hayabusa with exhaust and powercommander [I think that's what it's called] will run you for money for 7 lengths. Heads up. He will start 7 car lengths behind you. If you are down, let me know! I am not the rider, I'm just telling you what a local racer told me to pass on lol. PM me for more details.

Good luck on this race though. If you got the break I'm pretty sure you will win ;) these bike guys greatly underestimate GT-R's and have lost a ton of money in doing so.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
What is this when I get 2 feet from his back wheel? Are you taking off first then he react to you? If so, that is at least half a second of reaction on his part.

hey guys got offer a race, 5 cars from the back to the 1/4 mile against a bike gxsr 1000 2008 exhuast only trap 10.5 @ 135.
i'm traping 10.7 @ 127
when i get 2 feet from the back wheel then and only then he will take off on the bike.
Can i win this race 5G On the line?
what do u think easy race or what?

video coming soon.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
i'm traping 10.7 @ 127when i get 2 feet from the back wheel then and only then he will take off on the bike.
People only really race to win. So the questions are:

1) How do you know its a [email protected] bike?
2) Do they know how fast your car is?
3) Is it a chase/race situation?

Hypothetically speaking of course. I would not know anything about racing bikes, but I might have heard of some people that have, and do.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he a so call friend and i've been to the drag strip with him before.
yes he know how fast my car is, but he a big motor mouth.
yes it is chase is a race.

People only really race to win. So the questions are:

1) How do you know its a [email protected] bike?
2) Do they know how fast your car is?
3) Is it a chase/race situation?

Hypothetically speaking of course. I would not know anything about racing bikes, but I might have heard of some people that have, and do.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
take the $5000 then. A car length is 15 ft. You are 75 ft back and he is saying when you travel 73 feet, he will take off. Well it will take you over 1.6 seconds to cover the first 73 feet + his reaction time. By the time you cover 73 feet, you are doing around 40 mph so you are pulling away at 39 feet/second when he starts. He would have to run low 8's to beat you. I am not home, but I can get my 1/4 mi VBOX time subtract the first 73 feet and add 73 feet past the 1/4 mi and get a time you should run in the 1/4 mi. It would be less than 9s.

he will be at the starting line of the 1/4 mile and i'm coming 5 cars from the back of him and then he will react

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
his ass in mine this weekend, no ****

take the $5000 then. A car length is 15 ft. You are 75 ft back and he is saying when you travel 73 feet, he will take off. Well it will take you over 1.6 seconds to cover the first 73 feet + his reaction time. By the time you cover 73 feet, you are doing around 40 mph so you are pulling away at 39 feet/second when he starts. He would have to run low 8's to beat you. I am not home, but I can get my 1/4 mi VBOX time subtract the first 73 feet and add 73 feet past the 1/4 mi and get a time you should run in the 1/4 mi. It would be less than 9s.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
i believe even new stock gixxer 1000's have gone in the 9's with the right rider. Thats one thing i have noticed racing bikes on the road is that the rider makes all the difference in the world. i slaughtered a bike that they switched riders and the next race was like dead even for a while till top end of the car really took over.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Hmmm...I'm curious how this will play out. Good luck!

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
If it's the 1000 I think it is, it's far from stock and has taken a lot of $$$ from cars in the past year or two. It's definitely not a 10 second bike and is rumored to be in the 8's. Here's a video of it in action:

With that said, 5 cars from behind is a huge spot as others have pointed out. The problem is you don't know if he's going to leave early or not... Edit: In this video, he definitely slept and it cost him the race, although I don't think he was catching the Civic anyway...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Never broke where are you from?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts