Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been officially anounced. Check out the website for details. Entry fee is a bit steep, but its a charitable event.
Standing mile
2 mile Top speed run
Road course
Wet drift course
Donut competition.

Myself and another local GT-R are both entered already. I'll be on stock internals, and transmission with the Alpha 9 setup. He'll be running the Alpha 9+, on a fully built motor and transmission. He'll be on race gas for the event.

Eric mentioned he might bring their Alpha 12.

http://www.racethebase.ca/

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
yes, we are thinking about entering an ALPHA 12 in the event if our schedule allows it. It's quite the hike from Chicago lol

If we could get a guarantee at a crack against that CF-18 Jet we would be all over it but they said they couldn't do that.

Eric

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats definitely a long haul for you guys. I'm not sure who gets the opportunity to run against the jet. I'm guessing its the car with the fastest time in the standing mile, but thats just an assumption.

·
Registered
169 Posts
that's what we thought but it seems like the race vs the Jet is already pre determined.

Eric
I was at the first "Race the Base" in 2010 & iirc there were 5 cars that "raced" the jet. Your eligibility to do so was, at the time, based on the value of your donation to the involved charities. It was a closed envelope bid.

I thought the first event was quite good, all things considered. There were a few peeps that disputed the speed captured by the laser gun(ones that didn't break 300kph) but other than that, I think everybody had a good time.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Ive been to cold lake, out in the middle of fucking nowhere

·
Gojira driver
929 Posts
Yeah, sounds like fun but I can't cough up $3000 for registration. Might still be a good spectator event though.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm hoping to secure some sponsorship to offset the cost of entry. It might be wishful thinking but there' going to be a LOT of media exposure.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Good on ya rc, hopefully I'll be out to watch at the least!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks EPIC. I live about an hr and a half away and would love to come see some GTR's. Never seen one up close and would like to meet some forum members but a wedding is standing in my way right now. Maybe ditch it lol although im a groomsman :p

Have fun fellas and take lots of pictures

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I hope anyone who goes posts the videos and pictures on here. Would love to see this.

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
Where in Canada does this event take place ?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Definetely not gonna be any 250mph runs in a GTR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts