Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently building my track car and would love to hear any insight people have on running full bucket seats on the streets. I currently have a Bride GARDIS III and a BRIDE recliner for the passenger seat.

Has any one run a set up like this or any full bucket seats on the street for a prolonged period of time l?

Also I was planning on getting the Schroth Profi II ASM 4 point harness but with the 6 point straps so I could have a street legal harness that can work with a 6 point set up

Any insight on that. Good idea? Or am I just foolish?

Any and all insight would be appreciated.

(Also just to note, I guess the GARDIS III wouldn't really work with the stock seat belt. I am also running a half cage in the car)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've been running my Recaro buckets for 3 yrs on my GTR for daily and track use. No issue for me in any way, plus its real comfortable :paddleshift:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet to hear they are not awful for the streets.

Also here's some photos of the GARDIS. We haven't put it in the car yet but we will be in the near future

Attachments

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Running a Sparco Ergo in mine. For me its more comfortable than oem.

Takata 6pt harness in mine.

sent from my phone...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear that, Then again I wasn't impressed with the stock seats. Not comfortable, nor good for holding you in at the track. I'm skinny so I was getting thrown about the entire time. To the point of getting bruises. But happy to have these seats in the car. Can't wait to try them out. Maiden voyage for these seat is a nice drive from DFW to Houston

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can do a full 6 pt harness and keep the oem seat belt for driving on the streets. I have the sparco ergo for the driver's side and sparco pro2000 for the passenger. The pro was a little more comfortable as the ergo does not offer any lumbar support. I had to buy a back support for my longer drives to the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run Buddy Club buckets and it's not terrible. A bit of a pain to get out and put the kids in the back, but worth it with the weight savings and being planted. Saved 60lbs I believe

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
i semi daily a Sparco Ergo and a 6pt harness in my gtr...

sent from my phone...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts