Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
usually the only crank pulleys people run on cars are the harmonic balanced dampening ones... i remember in the supra days those pulleys did more harm them good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Put one on my Subi, got a long lecture from my tuner pointing out exactly why they are a horrible idea. Put on some super dampner instead... engine was much happier.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I want to add echo to the posters here - DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR CRANK... the slight benefit any dampner/pulley/whatever can claim to give is outweighed by the terrible risks it may carry. The crankshaft is the foundation of your engine, do not mess with it for a few HP.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
I want to add echo to the posters here - DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR CRANK... the slight benefit any dampner/pulley/whatever can claim to give is outweighed by the terrible risks it may carry. The crankshaft is the foundation of your engine, do not mess with it for a few HP.
+1

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
This man knows.
Never in my twenty years in the business have I ever seen an aftermarket crank pulley that takes into account not only primary but secondary out of balance forces. Its a complicated subject, and very few - including companies that make the pulleys - understand the physics involved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts