Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a valentine one that's worked well for me so far. I keep it in logic mode which is supposed to eliminate false reads. It does a decent job, not too annoying.

No experience with laser jammers though.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I use the Passport 9500xi and it has been excellent so far, I have been looking at adding radar shifting/jamming capabilities to ease my mind.

·
GTR Hokie
375 Posts
Let me know if you do this, would love to know how it works and where u get it installed at. I might be interested in a group buy/install.
It works and it works VERY well! You would be surprised how often you get hit by laser. VA State boys use it a lot now. And the Leesburg boys are also using it. Also, they are using Spectre IV now. So they are busting Valentines. I need to get a Redline now while I wait for Valentine to come up with a solution.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I just did a quick read on this laser jammer, seems up to the task and it's upgradeable. The parking feature is a cool add-on.
The Laser Intercepters are the way to go and the install is very very similar to front and rear cameras, so you have done most of the work before. There is a good DIY install guide on the forum from Charles Charlie and Cliff (LI US distributor) is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It works and it works VERY well! You would be surprised how often you get hit by laser. VA State boys use it a lot now. And the Leesburg boys are also using it. Also, they are using Spectre IV now. So they are busting Valentines. I need to get a Redline now while I wait for Valentine to come up with a solution.
Very good point, I'd like to upgrade as well, what happens when you get popped? Do they take your radar detector or give you a hefty fine?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The proper use of a LCM is once you have been alerted that you are being painted, slow down to the PSL and shut the device off. This then allows the LIDAR operator to acquire your now reduced and legal speed and you simply drive on by. Once you have passed the threat, turn the device on and you are ready for your next encounter.

Cliff

·
Sneak
247 Posts
Ya I got popped in my Porsche last winter on the Greenway with my Valentine. The trooper took the Valentine, wrote the serial number down and handed it back. He went on to explain the they are all using the Spectre IV...

I don't see Valentine coming up with a solution, as they didn't make any efforts with the Spectre III, and that was out for awhile..

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Has anybody in the Maryland area had good success with Laser Shifters? Have your radar detectors been picking everything up? Getting ready to install Belltronics sytem in my GTR.
I have a Valentine 1 in my GT-R and was popped in Howard County last year. The good news is that my Valentine 1 alerted immediately. The bad news is that the officer already had the reading he needed. Luckily the judge only gave me PB&J and that probation period has passed. So unless you have the money to also put in a Laser Interceptor, then having a Valentine 1 or Passport IX (which I have in my DD) will only help you in the case of an officer popping someone else first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.