Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Sophisticated
2,950 Posts
Went to PBIR tonight and had only one run due to a rain out.

My car is a 2013 and has only a tune. The rest is stock down to the paper air-filters.

I ditched the run-flat tires and put on Michelin Pilot Supersports. I tuned the car myself on 93 octane.

I ran a 10.63 @ 129.89mph on the first and only run. The DA was 1500 and the temp was 79 degree's. It goes to show if you obsess over your tune and nitpick it to death, great things happen. I know the car has at least a 10.5 in it when the weather cools and the DA drops. It might even do a high 10.4!! We shall see. It did 0-60 in 2.6 seconds on this run as well.

I think this is the tune only record? I hope to beat it again in a couple months.

Here is the Slip and Vbox 0-60 graph.

Receipt Font Material property Paper Event

Rectangle Product Slope Font Triangle

Attachments

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Badass

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Very strong run! But what does actual start mean on the vbox 0-60? 4.855mph...does that mean 4.855mph to 60?

Either way I don't think it matters because 10.6 @ 130 is just amazing with only a tune. What did u use to tune? Cobb?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Got it, so technically it's not actually zero to 60... but then again, for fair comparison to published times...this is how it's done. I've heard of the 1 foot roll out. I know they always say 0-60 w 1 foot roll out.

· Registered
311 Posts
Also interested in what you used in tune! Very nice!

· Founder
25,900 Posts
Got it, so technically it's not actually zero to 60... but then again, for fair comparison to published times...this is how it's done. I've heard of the 1 foot roll out. I know they always say 0-60 w 1 foot roll out.

yeah basically 1 foot roll out accounts for around 2 tenths of a second. technically its not 0-60 but its also not the same as a rolling 5-60 start as that time is always worse than a standstill launch. the difference is where the measurement starts. its meant for the 1/4 mile only as its simulating the distance you travel to trip the laser since most magazines or reviewers dont always run at a actual drag strip. they plug in 1 foot to compensate. but magazines and like I said even some manufacturers ( except for most german ones) use it on everything even 0-60 so its changed the bar to where you pretty much need to use it too on your Vbox or testing equipment or your numbers will be skewed

ive seen Nissan throw around 0-60 in 2.7 for the GTR and that is definitely with roll out.. its hard work to get a raw 2.9 on a stock GTR without adding in roll out

2.63 wth roll out like he did is exceptionally quick. for perspective I feel like I got perfect launches on my bone stock NISMO when Vbox testing and 2.78 is the maximum I could achieve non roll out on the same run was 2.97.

· Founder
25,900 Posts
Went to PBIR tonight and only had one run due to a rain out.

My car is a 2013 and I replaced the runflats with Michelin Pilot Supersport tires. I also tuned the car myself on 93 octane. Everything else is stock down to the OEM paper filters.

I ran a 10.63 @ 129.89mph on the first and only run. The DA was 1500 and the temp was 79 degree's. It goes to show if you obsess over your tune and nitpick it to death, great things happen. I know the car has at least a 10.5 in it when the weather cools and the DA drops. It might even do a high 10.4!! We shall see. It did 0-60 in 2.6 seconds on this run as well.

any tweaks to your TPs or CC or are they at 0?

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Dude that was a great run! super impressive, I was right at the tree about to go and it started RAINING like CRAZY so lame!

· Super Moderator
9,355 Posts
Went to PBIR tonight and only had one run due to a rain out.

My car is a 2013 and I replaced the runflats with Michelin Pilot Supersport tires. I also tuned the car myself on 93 octane. Everything else is stock down to the OEM paper filters.

View attachment 138378

View attachment 138386
Congrats Church!!

Any issues with knock like you had mentioned before?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.