Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I'm posting this from my phone so there might be some weird iPhone spelling errors, sorry I advance. I wouldnt usually post something like this but I need to vent.

Some background, all the roads by my house are wide and have lots of bends and turns, the speed limit is 30mph.

I'm driving home tonight around 11:30pm, roads are empty and no one around. Although the speed limit is 30 on the road that leads to my street, I would say 40-45 is the normal flow of traffic especially late at night with no one around. There were no cars infront of me, and only one car behind me about 500 feet or so. About 1/4 mile from my house I get on the gas a little around a turn, maybe go from 45-62 and quickly start falling back to 40ish as I was in 3rd and the engine braking was quick to slow me down.

I see the car behind me start speeding up, as I had put some distance between us after getting on the gas. I pass by my street as the car behind me was accelerating pretty fast and I didnt care to get rear ended (the next 3 streets cut to my house anyway , so it's common for me to pass my street). I knew the car behind me was not a cop as he had fog lights so I really was not worried.

The car gets up really close to me and strarts flashing it's brights non stop. I just brush it off as this happens quite often, but the car continues to flash and I get annoyed. I start speeding up and the car continues to follow, now closer and still flashing his brights. I have now passed all roads leading to my house as I'm not about to have this continue down my block.

After about 1/2 mile a side road I know is coming up so I say screw it I'll turn off I can't deal with this. I signal about 25 feet before the turn and cut the wheel hard thinking the guy will just keep on his way and leave me alone, he does not. I knew this wasnt just an idiot who was trying to race me as the car was swerving all over the road and he had been constantly flashing his brights.

At that point I had enough and got on the gas, he hung with me for a second but was out of site soon as this road was windy and he could not keep up. I don't know how fast I was going as I just wanted to lose him. At the end of that road I turned and again got on the gas, but slowed down about a half mile down, and sure enough he was still coming after me. I lost him really fast as this road was even more wide open. I went about a mile and with him out of site I cut down a side road and turned off the lights and watched him fly by. I went back to my house on the side roads, the entire time thinking about what an ass the guy was, but I was just glad I got away, I'm not the type of person to pull over or try and start a problem with someone.

I get back to my house and do my usual 45 second cool down, as the car was hot. I get out of the car, shut the door, turn around and what do ya know the guy is infront of my house. All I'm thinking is this is just great.....

So I hear:

Him: "hey buddy you need to slow down"

Me: "what?!?!"

Him: "you need to slow down your driving WAY too fast I ran your plates"

At this point I realized it's probably an off duty cop.

Me: "I'm driving too fast? You were chasing me down what do you expect"

Him: "No this was before that"

Me: "Ohhh yea where"

Him: "Right there on that street (pointing from his car at the street connecting to mine").

Me: "on that street, where exacty on that street"

Him: "you blew through a stop sign and are driving way too fast you need to slow down"

Me: "stop sign? There's no stop sign. How fast was I going?" (there is a stop sign on that road but it's a sign that only gets put up during school hours, not 11:30 pm)

Him: "I don't know you were going too fast"

Me: "how fast is too fast"

Him: "just slow down"

Me: "whatever"

And that was the end of the convo we had. He drove away and stood there for 2 seconds in shock that just happened and the said fuck this. I got In my truck and caught up to where he was. I followed him so I could see where he lives as he knew where my house is. I lost him in some winding roads, but I have a pretty good idea as the area only has house road in and out. I wish i had written down a plate number but I got a pretty good description of his car.

This whole thing just really bothered me, yea I was going a little fast, but that did not warrant him chasing me down flashing his brights. I don't care if it was an off duty cop or some idiot who got a cop friend to run my plates. What would you expect someone to do when you chase them down in a unmarked car flashing brights and swirving all over the road.

There are so many things I wish I had said to the guy, but I was really caught off guard in my driveway when he pulled up on the street. Looking back I would have said " I may have been in the wrong speeding in my car at 11:30pm on a empty road, but then chasing me down flashing your brights and pushing me to go more than 3-4 times the speed limit to get away from you is worse in so many ways" but that's all in retrospect.

Sorry for the rant, but I need to vent, this really made me mad, and hopefully this is the end and nothing more will come of it.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Sorry that douche put you through that, sounds like a real asshole. I bet it's the same type of guy who feel's it's his right to slow down people to the exact speed limit in the left lane aswell!

Cheese

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
How could you not have evaded him at 3-4x the speed limit and in a GT-R? He must have had a "turbo" diesel truck.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How could you not have evaded him at 3-4x the speed limit and in a GT-R? He must have had a "turbo" diesel truck.
I did lose him, he was completely out of sight. That why he said "I ran your plates" he must have been an off duty cop or has a friend who is a cop and found my address after running my plates. If it was not for that it would have been a much shorter story lol.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Oh, I get it . . . stupid me, I didn't put that together. I thought he was just cruising the neighborhood looking for you with his bloodhound-like GT-R seeking senses.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
Tell him next time he wants to harass someone, he needs to be in uniform.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That sounds like BS. Did he really pull that stunt because you were just going a bit over the speed limit?

Reminds me of the off-duty cop that pulled his gun on this biker:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
there was a state car right behind them

·
Lurk Lurk Lurk
1,384 Posts
It's pretty bold to chase someone down at night like that without being a uniformed cop in a police car. Would have been real interesting to see what he would've done if you pulled a gun and said GTFO STALKER!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well you will soon find out if cops or speed traps are stationed around your area. Heck, there's one now a block from my house! haha. I would be on the look out. Probably some off duty cop with that "cop" personality... .go figure!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
This could all have been avoided by not speeding in the first place

·
Registered
701 Posts
This could all have been avoided by not speeding in the first place
lol

Most speed limits in the US are pathetically low. I drive 10-20MPH over everywhere I go.

Most cops are dropouts who couldn't get a decent job and take it out on the rest of the world with power trips.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
^
Especially when you are in a nice car.

A sad fact is, traffic cops are not the cream of the law enforcement corn.

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Why didn't the OP ask for some ID when he pulled up to his house? I woulda done the same thing he did by trying to get away.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why didn't the OP ask for some ID when he pulled up to his house? I woulda done the same thing he did by trying to get away.
After I lost this guy on the backroads, I thought that was the end of it. When I got out of my car and saw him in the front of my house I was caught so off guard.

Looking back the first thing I would have said when he told me "I ran your plates" is "ohh yea whats your name and badge number". Like I said, for as much as I know this was not a cop, it could have been someone with a friend who is a cop and just got him to run my plates.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts