Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently imported a Canadian GTR and have a jingle/clicking sound that you can hear when the windows are down.
It only happens if i hit a bump or turn left. No noise fully turned to the right and rolling.

I didn't notice the noises because the windows were up during my test drive and the GTR tech in Canada told me it was in mint condition.
The seller says there was no noise but he did notice it on the drive to NY, he thinks that they may have left something in the under tray.

I thought that at first before contacting him and got down and tapped all over the under trays and heard nothing loose.
... I'm assuming it could possibly be driveshaft play or the bellhousing from my research so far. Hopefully its minor and nothing serious.

I have an inspection scheduled at Nissan this Saturday so i'll see what they say.

Has anyone had the same issues?

· Registered
200 Posts
I have this problem on mine. At first I thought it might be a CV but upon inspection they look fine. Then I thought it could be the front axle but the front axle is pretty stout.

Jesus advised me to take the front wheels off and put some grease by the studs. That should take care of it. I am getting ready to do mine but am waiting for some parts to come in.

· Banned
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have this problem on mine. At first I thought it might be a CV but upon inspection they look fine. Then I thought it could be the front axle but the front axle is pretty stout.

Jesus advised me to take the front wheels off and put some grease by the studs. That should take care of it. I am getting ready to do mine but am waiting for some parts to come in.
Going to do the brakes next weekend and check everything over.

I think it may be the drivers side brake pin. One is loose and makes a similar sound when i wiggle it back and forth. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Hopefully it's nothing more.

· R35 Owner
391 Posts
It's one or more of three things, of which I have experienced all three:

1. Brake pin rattle due to lack of secondary retainer clips up front. Nothing you can do about the rears.
2. Rusty rotor hats contacting the hub. (Common but not likely your problem.)
3. Loose axle nuts. (usually front and rear driver side.)

· Banned
1,197 Posts
It's one or more of three things, of which I have experienced all three:

1. Brake pin rattle due to lack of secondary retainer clips up front. Nothing you can do about the rears.
2. Rusty rotor hats contacting the hub. (Common but not likely your problem.)
3. Loose axle nuts. (usually front and rear driver side.)
I think it may be rust on the back of the hub from reading the "Conducting GTR symphony of Sounds". Maybe I need the upgraded cross spring clips too.

The tech wasn't in today even though I scheduled an appointment a week ahead of time... but they gave me a free NYS inspection so It was alright with me.
Going back later this coming week to be on the safe side. I'm going to have the GTR tech inspect the whole car over and see how the back of the rotor/wheel hub looks before I do anything.

· Banned
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went over the car today while it was on a lift. Put a fresh batch of Mobil 1 oil in and a filter while it was up and ordered a new OEM Nissan battery as well....the Manager really tried to sell me a different battery with an additional $300 programming fee without even asking me if I'd like to order a stock one (come to find out its $15 cheaper than the interstate battery aswell
) and Not to mention they once again forgot to put my name down/ fill in the appointment a week in advance so the GTR tech was not in (I called twice to confirm the day/time)
Sorry only works once not happy about that.

I'm almost certain the noise is coming from the Front upper brake pins, so i'll be ordering the upgraded spring set to see if that cures the rattle/click. Hopefully it's not the bellhousing/transmission!

Here's a couple shots from today! My friend actually spotted me on my way back from the Stealership haha

· Banned
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got the car back from the dealership. You can sort of hear the clicking. Is this the one everyone's talking about?

· Banned
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you are getting a click backing up thats pretty normal. If you are getting a click still on forward turns when mine did that the ETS needed replaced.
It clicks when turning left around corners. Both forwards and backwards doesn't make a difference. I really hope i don't need the ETS replaced...
The seller and Canadian GTR tech guaranteed me it was in top condition transmission wise. But with the world nowadays who knows. It's been doing it since i sat in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.