Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I know the GTRs are know to have slot of diffrent noises but does anyone know what this is and if I can get it to stop? It's coming from back area of car and when hitting little bumps.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've got the same thing. I've wondered if it's the driveshaft or related to the bell housing, but I hear it under throttle over usually smaller/frequent bumps. I can't tell if it has gotten worse over time, but it's pretty annoying

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
I have something coming from the back left...but doesn't sound like that. Mine is more of a rattle and I'm 85% sure it's the carbon fiber rear diffuser. I had it taken off (3 pieces in rear) for an alignment. Just figured I'd add this to this thread even though mine really doesn't seem to sound like that. Although maybe the audio sounds different in person, and it is the same issue...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have something coming from the back left...but doesn't sound like that. Mine is more of a rattle and I'm 85% sure it's the carbon fiber rear diffuser. I had it taken off (3 pieces in rear) for an alignment. Just figured I'd add this to this thread even though mine really doesn't seem to sound like that. Although maybe the audio sounds different in person, and it is the same issue...
Ya the tone is a bit diffrent than what sound was captured but pretty close.. and it doesn't do it at all on smooth sections only when hitting small bumps or where the road has cracks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Possibly brake pad moving in the caliper? Mine does it on the passenger rear. If you press the brakes while hitting bumps and it doesn't make the noise then it is for sure.

·
Registered
397 Posts
+1 on the CF diffuser bolts or clip might be loose,one time I went to speak with a GTR tech, they said to do a oil change , or remove any panel ,they have to put on brand new clips every time. Event the clip looks okay, they still need to be replace.
And I was test fitting my DiffFlow fins, took the rear panel out, forgot to tighten one bolt, which is still not on yet :/, when I hit a bump like u stated, I heard a panel knocking sound now too, so I know it's the lossening bolt. But it might just be me tho.

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Got under my car today, found a rear cf pannel bolt missing.

Replaced it and seems some noise is gone, not all.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
does it sound like it is coming from all the way at the back? If so, check your license plate mount. It sounds silly but mine was having an intermittent rattle and come to find I did not have any cushioning washers between the plate and the car. The plate would vibrate against the rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The panel under the car from where the midpipe meets the cat-back likes to rattle. Some cat-back systems attach to the hanger in a way that increase the changes of the rattle. No matter how much you tighten it, it wouldn't go away.

Solve this by using a "weatherstrip" adhesive rubber to the trouble spots on the panel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.