Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be talked about already but I been going through forums just to see how consistent this issue is on mostly on all GTRs maybe not the 17 and newer ones I could be wrong but I am a new owner. I do have bell housing rattle for sure at Idle and I can hear it louder when I am reversing . I can hear the rattle coming from the rear when I am going really slow and over the speed bumps from what I have been reading online most people said the rattle can be the brake calipers having loose pins of some sort causing the rattle bad brake pads or heat shields in the back is loose also. I know I have new brakes they were changed when I bought the car 3 weeks ago. My car is a 2010 with 53k miles on I just want to know if its the bell housing that is what making all the rattles or I have a combination of something else in the rear that is causing rattles at low rpms maybe rear ball joints are loose hopefully someone has a fix or solution by now. I will try to post a video soon to give you guys an accurate sound to go off from.

· Registered
10,371 Posts
If you are tuned, you can do a clutch relearn. Back when I was just FBO, the reverse chatter told me it was time to do a relearn.

· I Haul Ass
1,836 Posts
If you are tuned, you can do a clutch relearn. Back when I was just FBO, the reverse chatter told me it was time to do a relearn.
You dont need to be tuned to do a clutch relearn - both Cobb (even unmarried, as long as it has TCM) and EcuTek (cable+dongle, no license needed) let you do it on a stock car.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bone stock man I hear the bellhouse rattle but it is not really loud but I hear a rattle from the rear as well just feels like something is loose I will be looking under there when I get I chance but wanted to know what exactly to look at if I am down there I know bellhouse is more towards the front middle of the car but the rear rattle noise makes me think its something else with the combination of bell housing rattle.

· Registered
262 Posts
Yes the rattle disappears when I have brakes applied I only hear it when I let off the brakes give it gas driving slow rattle goes away when I am driving little faster. The car is stock no mods done to it yet from what I see on the car.
That sounds like the standard brake rattle problem we all have eventually. Check out these threads...

https://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/68182-2009-2013-rear-caliper-anti-rattle-clips-photos-inside/

https://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/302505-nissan-recommends-molykote-to-front-brake-pads/

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
installed the updated brake springs didn't make rattle go away at all I do want to check the under of the car for loose bolts I do hear the bell housing rattle thats coming middle of my car i hear a louder rattle from the rear of my car at lower rmps when taking off real slow thats why I wna say its something else including the bell housing rattle just wanted to update my results I just wish I knew what to look for when I do look under the car at some point :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.