Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 3 sets of Racing Brake brake pads- the XT910, XT960 and XR70 (for 2 GTR's in my household)

While I've only been able to use the XR70 (track specific) brakes on the track a couple of times, I have to say the stopping power is so much better than the OEM brake pads. They do take a little time to warm up for full stopping power, but are very reliable and great for the hard/late braking that occurs on the track. With the reliability of the later braking, I was able to improve my track lap times too! Zero brake fade. The only (minor) negative is they are a bit noisy/squeaky, but this is to be expected with a track specific pad. It definitely doesn't affect the stopping power, at all. Highly recommend if you like to track your car and push the car/brakes to the limit!

The XT910 are for spirited street driving and light track use. I keep these pads on most of the time for daily driving. They also have great stopping power and are a big improvement over the OEM pads. Fairly quiet as they are not track specific.

The XT960 are a little more track specific than the XT910's, but do not need as much warm up time as the XR70 pads. You can simply get in the car and go! These pads are very noisy and squeak quite a bit, especially when cold-this happens when you use a semi-track specific pad. However, the noise does not affect performance. These pads also have great "bite" and are reliable for hard/late braking. They are great on the track/street or wherever you race!

All in all, I am very happy with my choice to purchase the Racing Brake pads over the other options/manufacturers out there. Their customer service is second to none.

Ask for Warren!

If anyone is interested in any other feed back, lmk

Albert

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
+1 on Warren. I met him while over in Cali. Highly knowledgeable and has great products at Racing Brake. Amazing two piece rotors and pads for whatever type of driving you do.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cool. About to install the racing brake rotors and pads tomorrow

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Agree....super happy with the ST CCX kit too...

people seem to skip them by when looking at quality breaks but they are a great bang for the buck....with US support!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Agree....super happy with the ST CCX kit too...

people seem to skip them by when looking at quality breaks but they are a great bang for the buck....with US support!
As I have been known to mercilessly punish brakes, Warren and I hooked up to test some products, and I have become a very happy customer.

RacingBrake is overlooked WAY too often. I will say UNQUALIFIEDLY that their ZR1 kit is far and above the others when paired with the RacingBrake caliper kit. Completely bolt on - no caliper modifications required. I have used multiple pad compounds and rotors, and they are very durable.

Encourage anyone who hasn't been happy with OEM or competitive products to give RacingBrake a try. While EVERYONE isn't always happy (some people punish rotors in ways that make some blow up, and some others not - never been able to tease out why), I can say the customer service is second to none. When the Alcons were cracking left and right, it took Alcon MONTHS to respond and fix the problem.

Shawn

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I have been known to mercilessly punish brakes, Warren and I hooked up to test some products, and I have become a very happy customer.

RacingBrake is overlooked WAY too often. I will say UNQUALIFIEDLY that their ZR1 kit is far and above the others when paired with the RacingBrake caliper kit. Completely bolt on - no caliper modifications required. I have used multiple pad compounds and rotors, and they are very durable.

Encourage anyone who hasn't been happy with OEM or competitive products to give RacingBrake a try. While EVERYONE isn't always happy (some people punish rotors in ways that make some blow up, and some others not - never been able to tease out why), I can say the customer service is second to none. When the Alcons were cracking left and right, it took Alcon MONTHS to respond and fix the problem.

Shawn
Shawn,

Do you have any reviews for their ZR1 brakes?

RB is definitely good value & service!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Shawn,

Do you have any reviews for their ZR1 brakes?

RB is definitely good value & service!
No official review. I did not detail the install, but the combination of the ZR1 rotors and RacingBrake calipers is fabulous. Stock pad size. Completely bolt on application. Heavy stopping power. Pics and threads are out there, but not able to link here. Search my username and RacingBrake, and it might come up.

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
once my Alcons go i was looking at RB replacement, but have barely been driving these alcons will last forever :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts