Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are starting to fade, anyone "redone" them, looking for someplace to send over the winter :)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I really disliked the "rainbow" tips on the HKS exahust, had mine painted flat black, much better. However, if I was to do it over again I'd probably pick more of a satin black to add some more sheen.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Are the tips actually titanium? If so you should be able to clean them up and hit them with a torch. I'm not sure if they are actually titanium or some coating to make them look burnt blue.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I ended up just using a very fine scotch brite pad ( with the exhaust off ) and giving it a brushed finish look. I personally did not like the blue tips.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
If you're shooting for the titanium "burned looked," on the actual titanium HKS exhaust, you can use a propane torch and carefully burn it.

The progression is from coolest to hottest:
gold to reddish to pink to purple to dark blue to light blue

Be careful not to overheat it or you'll go immediately to light blue, which looks almost like a stain.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'll just let it fade :) I noticed that unlike the OEM the legamax tips appear to be welded on, which entails removing the entire exhaust to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.